Quilted Kindle Cover
This Kindle cover sewing pattern from Celeste Streeter is so simple! Protect your precious e-Reader with custom Kindle covers in whatever colors you want. Make one or several to match every whim.
- Canvas- 9.5x13.5 (stabilizer)
- Fabric - 9.5x13.5 (inside lining)
- Fabric Scraps-(5 or 6 1/4 yrd selections)
- Velcro-( non-sticky)
- Bias tape-2 yrds(store bought or homemade)
- Sewing machine
- Lay out lining, canvas and batting. Lining with right side facing away. next lay the canvas and then the batting on top.
- Cut a 4.5 inch square. Lay in the middle of the batting rectangle, right side facing up. Cut two 2.5x4.5 inch strips. Laying the first strip alongside the square sew it down. Lay the second strip on opposite side and repeat.
- Continue in this manner, working your way around and outward laying strips alongside and sewing them down as you go; till all of batting is covered.
- At this point you may want to trim corners on one end; Making one end rounded. The rounded end will be wrapping around to form a close-able flap.
- Sew bias tape around the edges of work, giving it a finished look.
- Now on the end of the square quilt-pieced end, sew the fuzzy sided strip of velcro. Then on the rounded lining end, sew the scratchy sided piece of velcro.
- Lastly, fold your rectangle, so that only 2 1/4 " remains unfolded. It should look somewhat like an envelope. Now sew the top and bottom seams together, closing the envelope. The velcro should be able to fold over and close together. Finished!