Too Cute Baby Tank and Leggings
Make your own DIY baby clothes and save a ton of money. After all, your little one will get bigger before you know it. These Too Cute Baby Tank and Leggings are made from scraps, so dip into your stash and get creative. Fabric scrap projects help you save on supplies, so you'll have more to spend on fun outings and events with your little one. The cute spaghetti-strap design of the top and matching leggings make this a true stand out. Turn your baby into a tiny fashionista and get ready for her to (eventually) strut down the catwalk.
- Fabric scraps from a shirt and a pair of leggings
- Sketch your design.
- Sketch a basic outline for the applique design. Draw a full scale version on paper and indicate by color what fabric you will cut from. Cut out each individual applique paper shape to use as a template for cutting each piece from fabric. Sewn them onto the shirt.
- Cut several strips at 1" width each (length per piece can be variable). Join several strips to make a long strap. Sew them on like bias tape.
- After cutting out the pieces for the leggings hem it. Sew near the edges, leaving half an inch seam allowance.
- Turn the other piece inside out and then insert right sides together. Matched up and sewn down the inseam.
- Run down stitches on the waist and threaded the elastic through.
Read NextTwenty Minute Baby Blanket