We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Reviewed by , Editor,
Raffia Yarn by Premier Home is their newest line of yarn, and we are loving it! This "yarn" was made specifically with home decor and accessories in mind. This yarn is made with just a strand of 100% Cellulose Rayon that came directly from the Raffia Palm Tree. Talk about becoming one with nature! Each skein is 87 yards and 1.23 ounces or 35 grams.
What's neat about Raffia is that it comes in many colors. You would think there would just be a solid color or just a few options to choose from, but there are 15. Yes, solids are of course an option, but there are also variegated colors like Sunshine (shades of yellow and orange), Hollow Reeds (shades of brown), Tempest (shades of blues and grays), Red Maple (shades of red) and more. The colors are natural and warm-weathered and will really make you want to work something up quickly to enjoy it.
The soft hand and pliable texture are great for large bags and purses, home decor and kitchen accessories. And let's not forget about those high-fashion summer hats that make you feel like a million bucks. It's recommended that you hand wash your items and lay them flay to dry, as Raffia is delicate and you wouldn't want your project to get ruined.
Raffia is great for both knitting and crocheting. The crochet gauge is H-8 (5mm) hook: 15 sc & 17 rows = 4” (10.2cm), while the knit gauge is in st st, US 9 (5.5mm) needles: 15 sts & 19 rows = 4” (10.2cm). Next time you're in the yarn aisle reach out for a skein of Raffia. You might think it'll be difficult to work with, but you'll truly love the end result. Raffia will certainly give you a unique, fashionable piece.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Enter to Win the Mod Podge Sampler Pack!
- Win a 360 Crafter's Rolling Bag!
- Rit Dye
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Win a Therm O Web Fabric Fuse and Friends Prize Pack!
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- PLUS America Decoration Rollers
- Win the GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand!
- Enter for your chance to win the Deflecto Space Saving Storage Giveaway!
- Cricut Expression 2: Anniversary Edition
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- TC Twist Headband
- Bead a Designer Snowflake
- Hot Cocoa In A Jar Gift Idea
- Googly Eyed Deer Ornament
- DIY Lavender Bath Salts
- French Vanilla Coffee Sugar Scrub
- Vanilla & Lavender Soap Recipe Using Melt and Pour
- Natural Sugar Scrub with Fresh Blueberries
- Homemade Orange Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Coconut Rose Petal Soap
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home