Banana Fiber Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Banana Fiber Yarn
Reviewed by , Editor, FaveCrafts.com
This Banana Fiber Yarn from Darn Good Yarn is handspun, hand dyed, and super soft. Made by women in Nepal, this Banana Fiber Yarn feels much like silk and is surprisingly durable. The trunk of the banana plant is harvested to make this gorgeous yarn. There are occasional breaks in the yarn due to the handmade nature of this product. When this happens, the yarn is simply tied back together. To care for and clean this yarn, it is recommended that you dry clean or wash on a delicate cold cycle, and lay flat to dry or briefly toss in the dryer.
Banana Fiber Yarn by Darn Good Yarn is available in a variety of color combinations. One of my favorites is Kaleidoscope Banana Fiber Yarn (pictured above, left). This bright, multicolored yarn would make a great sweater! There is also the Banana Fiber Yarn with Beads (above right), which would make an adorable purse or scarf. Banana Fiber Yarn is great for a variety of simple crochet patterns including sweaters, rugs, leg warmers, and more.
Darn Good Yarn prides itself on providing you with fairly traded and child labor free yarns. Business decisions are based on these principles — all of their yarn is made from recycled and Earth friendly materials and much of it is created from the colorful remnants of the production of silk saris in Nepal and Northern India. These materials are handspun and dyed by women’s groups in Nepal. Darn Good Yarn provides these women with a marketplace for the products, as well as much needed wages for their families.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
If you need more storage space but don't have extra room or money to do it, try repurposing an old piece of furniture from your… Continue reading: "Elegant Refurbished Entryway Cabinet"
- Win the GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand!
- Chance to Win a Stamp-n-Storage 12x12 Paper Holder!
- Bic Mark It Color Collection
- Marvy Uchida Clever Lever Extra Giga Punches
- Craftwell eBosser Automatic Embosser and Die Cutter
- Win a 360 Crafter's Rolling Bag!
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Win a bundle of Bernat Super Value Team Colors!
- Chance to Win a Bundle of Patons Lincoln Fog Yarn!
- eCraft Cutting Machine
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Diy Father’s Day Gift – I’m Nuts About You
- Monkey Colouring Pages
- Free Potato Crochet Pattern
- Chonky Mushroom
- Free Printable Paper Doll PDF
- Simple Sew Pocket Pillow
- Knit Linen Stitch Blanket
- How To Make Elastic Hair Ties (no Sew)
- Dc Comics Mother's Day Cards
- Richmond Shawl
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home