Shepherd's Shades Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Shepherd's Shades Yarn
Reviewed by Christine Weiher, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
A fun fact you may not have known about wool is that it absorbs perspiration while resisting water. It keeps you warm, but it allows you to breathe, it's odor-resistant and it can return to its original shape after being distressed. Wool wearables are one of the highest quality garments you can wear, so we must introduce you to Shepherd's Shades from Brown Sheep Company, Inc.
Shepherd's Shades is 100% wool spun with six plies; it's one of the toughest, yet smooth yarns from Brown Sheep. Each color is dyed in a light, medium and dark shade, allowing you to work up gradient patterns. This yarn crochets quickly into fabulous, durable projects like sweaters, afghans and accessories.
This yarn is approximately 131 yards per skein and is mothproofed. What does this mean? Many crocheters fear that moths can get into their yarn supply and destroy it. The solution? Yarn manufacturers make mothproof wool that is chemically treated to repel moths; the chemical is added to the yarn in the dye bath at the same time as any coloring. Much like dye, the chemical will not rub off or wash off when you wash your item. If you're unsure about using mothproofed wool yarn you can always use an organic wool, instead.
If you're not bothered by the mothproofed wool, you'll love all the fabulous shades to choose from like Fire, Maple Sugar, Carnation Quartz, Azalea, Pineapple, Spearmint and so many more; there are over 70 colors to choose from the Shephard's Shades collection.
With a yarn like this that is made in the U.S. you must give it a try.
What is your favorite wool yarn to crochet with?
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Chance to win the Peralta Fabric Collection!
Win the GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand!
Chance to win a Clover Mini Weaving Loom!
Everyday Soft Worsted Print Yarn
eCraft Cutting Machine
Win The Craft Obsession Grand Prize Giveaway!
Win FloraCraft Make It: Fun Foam!
Chance to win a Smile Create Repeat Subscription Box!
Folk Art Multi Surface Paint
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 10 Days of Thanks 2018
- Tuscan Moon Shawl
- Soft Crochet Wrap
- Snowflake Crochet Christmas Ornaments
- Snowflake Ornament Crochet Tutorial
- Crochet Snowflake Ornaments Tutorial
- How to Make a Full Bust Adjustment to a Sewing Pattern
- Make your Own World Map Clock
- Rustic Fall Headband
- Seashell Jar Lid Resin Coasters
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home