Darn Good Yarn Recycled Linen Yarn
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Darn Good Yarn Recycled Linen Yarn
Gifted by: Darn Good Yarn
Reviewed by Patricia Lusk, Editor, FaveCrafts.com
There’s a reason that Darn Good Yarn is called “darn good!” This exceptional yarn has so many positive qualities that we simply can’t stop talking about it.
Linen yarn has to be one of our favorite fabrics to use when picking out yarns. Linen yarn is great for both knitting and crochet. It is a strong and durable fabric that keeps its shape over time. Linen is often the first choice when creating household items. It is a highly absorbent fabric and remains a strong fabric while wet, making it a great choice for knitting hand towels, washcloths, beverage coasters and other household cloths. Linen is also a great choice to use to knit or crochet larger household items, such as bed covers, pillow covers, and bath mats. When it comes to household crafts and projects, linen should always be the first fabric on your mind.
Another great use for linen is for clothing and accessories. Linen can produce wonderful, breathable, light-weight clothing perfect for hot and humid weather. Linen also makes a great fabric for bags, since it is so durable and long-lasting. Linen is truly one of the most flexible and multifaceted fabrics around.
This specific linen yarn is especially wonderful because it is a recycled fabric. This means that these skeins of yarn were created from the excess scraps of material from other knitting and crochet projects. Darn Good Yarn repurposes these scraps of material and turns them into yarn. Darn Good Yarn Recycled Linen Yarn is made from reclaimed linen material. Through the simple act of creating recycled yarn, Darn Good Yarn has saved 6,000 pounds of waste from landfills in the last year alone. So the next time you are choosing yarn to purchase, make the environmentally responsible decision and use recycled fabrics, such as these delightful skeins of recycled linen yarn.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
New to the wonderful world of crochet? If so, you should definitely start with this Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern. When… Continue reading: "Light Grey Easy Crochet Afghan Pattern"
- Chance to Win a Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Chance to Win a Bundle of VELCRO Brand Sticky Back for Fabrics!
- Practical Origami
- Lumi Photo Printing Kit
- Win Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet Thread!
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Viva Pearl Pen
- Puff Quilting Clip Set
- Hot Ribbon Art
- Framous Kits Plastic Canvas Frame Kit
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home