Polymer Clay Artist Trading Card
Mold and decorate a polymer clay trading card from AMACO.
- FIMO® Soft Polymer Clay – White, Metallic Gold, Translucent
- Amaco® Rub and Buff – Gold Leaf
- 2 part fine crackle
- Embroidery thread
- Pasta machine
- Ink jet t-shirt transfer paper
- Bone folder or spoon
- Condition clay and roll through roll one section of Metallic Gold and one section of White through the pasta machine separately, then together.
- Cut the 2 layers to size white on top.
Transferring the Picture
- Scan the picture, then print on regular ink jet t-shirt transfer paper. Flip picture horizontally so that it transfers the right way.
- Cut to size 2.5" x 3.5" and burnish (with spoon or bone folder) print side down to the clay, making sure that the picture completely contacts the surface of the clay.
- Bake at a very low heat under the regular baking temperature for approximately five minutes. Check to see if the paper is still in contact with the clay, if not re-burnish (flatten) but do not move, and bake for three more minutes at recommended temperature being careful not to let the clay burn or discolor, or until the clay hardens.
- Place in a cold place (freezer) for 30 sec., when cold remove transfer paper.
- Using scraps blend the white, translucent, and a tiny piece of the gold clay until you get a pale beige then cut the button from cookie cutter.
- Punch holes with clay tools bake for two minutes. When cool, crackle and use Gold Rub ‘n Buff® all over the piece filling in the cracks.
- Sew thread through button and glue to card.
Read NextFun Giraffe
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
madelynpeca 687549 3
May 29, 2013
can you use a microwave instead of baking. and if so for how long.
Jul 24, 2012
another neat project but it says to scan picture where do I get the picture from to scan
Oct 21, 2010
Looks like a OOAK. It looks complicated, but I like it.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use