How to Make Polymer Clay Woodgrain
Learn how to make polymer clay. Four different colors of polymer clay can turn into a really neat craft. Use woodgrain canes for various projects.
- Polymer Clay
- Pasta machine or rolling pin
- Get four different colors of brown polymer clay, preferably dark brown, brown, light brown, and cream. These colors can vary depending on the type of look you're going for.
- Roll out each color into a cane (or worm as they called it when you were little).
- Put the four pieces together into one large cane and gently twist until it looks like the image. Roll it into a tight cane.
- Roll, stretch fold, roll, stretch, fold, etc. until the woodgrain is the desired appearance for your project.
- Use a pasta machine or rolling pin to roll the cane into a plank of "wood".
- Use your woodgrain canes and planks in various projects. Bake at 275 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes per 6mm of thickness.
Read NextIdeas for Polymer Clay Canes