Elf Christmas Ornament
This cheerful Christmas elf made with plastic canvas is sure to bring a smile to anyone who sees the ornament. Make several for gifts. The little star glows in the dark too.
Make a coordinating set of plastic canvas Christmas ornaments with the Snowman Christmas Ornament
- Kreinik Heavy (#32) Braid™ in 003HL Red Hi Lustre, 008 Green, 005HL Black Hi Lustre
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon™ in 100HL White Hi Lustre, 092 Star Pink, and 054F Lemon Lime
- 10-mesh plastic canvas such as QuickCount® by Uniek. You will need to cut pieces for the following: one elf 32 x 32 holes, one right arm 13 x 9 holes, one right leg 22 x 10 holes, one star: 7 x 7 holes
- #18 plastic canvas needle
- small piece of nylon thread
- Carefully cut canvas according to graphs.
- Using the color key and photo as guides, work the elf, leg, arm and star in continental stitches, except as indicated below.
- Using 005HL black braid, work eyes on elf in cross stitches, the mouth in straight stitches over pink continental stitches.
- Work the socks on each leg in alternating 100HL white and 003HL red straight stitches.
- Matching colors, overcast edges: whipstitch arm to elf at (+), leg to elf at (#). For socks, overcast top edge with red and bottom edge with white to continue pattern. To make fringe on scarf, leave a small loop (1/2-inch) on every other overcast stitch (just don’t pull stitch tightly) for a total of 3 loops.
- Tack sides of star to hands at ().
- Add a small nylon thread to the top center of elf as the ornament hanger.
Read Next29 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas