Christmas Railroad Ornaments
In this Christmas ornament craft project, find five different train "cars" made from plastic canvas. String together with fishing wire to hang or display on your Christmas tree. They can also be made into fridge magnets.
Find this craft and more plastic canvas projects in 25 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas.
- Kreinik Medium (#16) Braid™ in 031 Crimson, 002HL Gold Hi Lustre, 008HL Green Hi Lustre
- Cotton embroidery floss in white, black and yellow (see color key)
- 14-count plastic canvas, 1/4 sheet each white and clear
- #24 Tapestry needle
- Cut 2 locomotives from plastic canvas according to graph, 1 from clear (we’ll call A) and 1 from white (we’ll call B).
- Cut 1 candy cane C from clear.
- Half Cross Stitch, or Reverse Half Cross Stitch pieces A& C using Kreinik Metallic Medium (#16) Braid or 6 strands DMC floss according to graphs and color key.
- Straight Stitch lines on cowcatcher, wheel outlines & spokes, and backstitch line on bell and large wheel centers in Medium Braid. Backstitch small wheel centers and line between small wheels in DMC black floss.
NOTE: The bottom 2 slanting spokes on each large wheel wrap around the unfinished edge of plastic canvas. Add after large wheel outlines are in place.
- Overcast edges on Candy Cane C using DMC White floss.
- Tack B to A at dots on graph using DMC White floss.
Read Next29 Free Patterns for Plastic Canvas