Spring Bling Card
This card is blooming with color, texture and dimension! No-sew techniques with iron-on braid and crystals make it look embroidered - but only you will know how easy it is to make!
- Blank card
- 2 shades of purple cardstock
- Paper: green polka dots, Scrappin Creations power pad
- Paper: Wreath/Sugarcookie paper from Fruitcake by Basic Grey
- McGill Craftivity Giant Flower Punch
- Kandi Crystal- 3 (7mm) Clear
- Kreinik Iron-On #16 Braid 6500 Hydrangea
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 6580 Violet
- Kreinik Teflon Press cloth
- Home iron or mini craft iron
- Glue stick or Treasure Tape scraps
- Turn on your iron to it's highest setting and allow it to heat thoroughly. Cut out your pieces: punch two dark flowers and one light flower. Cut your Wreath paper to the size of your card. Cut a 1/2" strip of polka dot paper the same width.
- Attach your Wreath paper to your card using glue or Treasure Tape. Add the polka dot strip to the bottom of the card. Use your Iron-On Ribbon to outline the edges of both pieces of paper. Next, use your Hydrangea Braid to embellish the edge between your polka dot strip and Wreath paper.
- Arrange your flowers on your card. Use your Hydrangea Braid to embellish each flower, leaving the center clear. Then, adhere your crystals to the center of each shape. (Place the crystal on your design and cover with your presscloth. Press with the iron to heat the crystals until they fuse with your paper.)
- Finish your design by using more Hydrangea Braid to embellish the area between your flowers.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Paper Crafts"
Featuring hundreds of free excellent paper crafts including free paper crafts for kids and paper cutting crafts as well as free card making templates and designs for handmade cards. Includes tons of templates, patterns, and ideas for thank you cards
There are no records