Spinning Butterfly Card
The 3-D butterfly on this card from Posh Impressions, created with the help of a stamp, actually spins as the card is turned. This is a fun effect for those opening up the homemade stamped card.
- Heart Border Stamp
- Stamp ‘n’ Store Borders 1
- VersaMark Watermark ink
- #43 Brilliant Yellow Marvy ink
- Set POSH - 02 Butterfly Set
- Shades of Mauve Blending Blox
- Red wire
- 2 pennies
- Round foam dot - 1/8” thick
- Wire Pliers
- Craft Knife
- Cut pieces: Red cardstock: 6” square (folded in half for a 3“ x 6“ card), ½” x 3” (cutting template); Bright yellow cardstock: 3” x 7”, 1” x 5”, 1” x 3”
- Using VersaMark ink randomly stamp small heart on front of card to create a subtle background pattern. Place red cardstock template on front of card approximately ½” from right edge and 1” from bottom edge. Trace with pencil. Cut out using craft knife and ruler.
- On large yellow piece stamp three butterflies using yellow ink for the solid portion and Mauve Blending Blox for the outline (use the lightest shade of the Blending Blox.). Cut out close to outline. On one of the butterflies, cut off the antennae. On the yellow strips stamp diamond border in yellow ink. Overstamp dots border using lightest shade of Blending Blox. Adhere one butterfly to the left end of long strip.
- Bend a piece of wire in half. Using pliers curl the ends in loops. Adhere the wire behind the butterfly element in place of the antennae previously removed. Assemble the card: Adhere long yellow strip inside card so pattern is visible through window. Adhere small yellow strip vertically on left side of card. Place foam dot between two pennies. Adhere one penny to the back of the wired butterfly. Slip the penny through the previously cut window. Adhere the second butterfly to the remaining penny so it is visible when card is opened. Tilt the card and watch the butterflies spin in the window!
Read NextEasy To Make Fall Leaves Garland