Quick & Easy DIY Planner
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Quick and Easy DIY Planner is great for keeping track of your craft projects and blog ideas. It goes together really quickly thanks to the miracle of die cutting. The die cuts the cover and pages so you can make multiple books for all different occasions. It is painted with chalkboard paint so if you want to use it for something else, simply wipe off the chalk and start over! Embellish your planner with scrapbook embellishments to give it a special touch! These journals make great last minute gifts and stocking stuffers!
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardboard
- Mini Album Sizzix die
- Textured Impressions Folder
- Big Shot machine
- Extended cutting pads
- Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Chalkboard Paint in Arrowhead
- White twine
- 8 sheets white cardstock 6"x11" from Little B Paper Pack
- Floral embellishments from Little B
- Kitchen Labels die set
- Sand paper
Die cut a Mini- Album from mat board and eight signatures made with white sheets from the Little B Paper Pack.
Paint the front and back cover of the album with Plaid Folk Art Home Decor Chalk paint. I used Arrowhead, a soft gray.
Emboss each edge of the album covers using the Textured Impressions Folder by Stephanie Barnard. When the paint is dry, take a piece of sandpaper and rub the embossed areas of the book cover until the design stands out. I embossed some of the book pages too for a little dimension.
To create each signature, fold a 6 x 12 sheet of Little B heavy white paper in half. Place fold just shy of the last score line on the die and run through Big Shot. This yields one book signature. You can cut two-three folded papers at a time.
Use twine to bind pages. Cut eight lengths of 14 of white twine. Tie each page into book by placing page fold inside book binding and tie on the outside in a double knot.
Die cut labels, arrows and accents to use in the book. Decorate the cover and store extra embellishments on the pages.
Write desired text on the front cover with chalk or a chalk marker. If you want to re-use the book for another project, simply wipe lettering off with a wet paper towel.
Add ribbon and embellishments.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make these super cute slippers and lounge around the house. Grandma's Knitted Slippers also make great gifts for your favorite people.… Continue reading: "Grandma's Knitted Slippersvideocam"
- 50+ Adult Coloring Book Pages
- 15 Printable Free Coloring Pages for Adults free eBook
- Printable 2019 Planner
- Free Printable Encouraging Bible Verses
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages free eBook
- 16 Mandala Coloring Pages
- Peculiar Peacock Coloring Sheet
- Nautical Vintage Seahorse
- Colorful Polka Dot Photo Booth Backdrop
- Amazing Ocean Coloring Pages
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make A Kid's Apron From A Man's Shirt Sleeve
- Skylar Ribbed Singlet
- Plastic Bottle Planter
- Mermaid Slime
- No Sew Diy Mask - Duct Tape To The Rescue
- Super Easy Carrot Bunting
- Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Garland
- Ways To Disinfect Clothes & Fight The Virus
- Unisex Scrubs Pants Free Pattern
- Unmasking Diy Mask Material - Free Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home