Wake up and smell the funnies! These Funny Flowers are made with the comics from the newspapers and would look adorable as artificial flower arrangements or as gift package accessories. You could even use wrapping paper, too! This easy to follow tutorial is great to have on hand when you're crafting with paper or felt.
- 4 pages of newspaper
- Felt balls
- Hot Glue Gun
- Hand draw a flower template.
- Fold the newspaper sheets in half, and then in half again. Keep doing this until your template will fit the space without hanging off the edge of the newspaper.
- Trace the template on to the newspaper and then cut out the flower shape. Now you have a nice stack of flowers. Arrange them so that you can see lots of the petals.
- Take your stapler and put 3-4 staples in the center to secure all of the layers together. Then to hide the staples, hot glue a few felt balls in the center.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Dec 30, 2012
What a great idea! You could even do this with magazine pages as well... I love the note below about using decoupage, or even modge podge to water proof them. But it would also help sturdy them up a bit!
Apr 16, 2012
to make this flower water proof, I plan to decopauge the paper before I cut it, then layer and proceed making the flower. Cute idea!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use