Antique Look DIY Gift Box
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Antique Look DIY Gift Box are super easy to make when you use Martha Stewart's gift box tool and Core'dination cardstock. With a few simple steps, you can create easy paper crafts to store small gifts. The box itself is pretty enough to be a gift itself. Don't simply hand someone a gift wrapped in generic wrapping paper or newspaper. When you take time to work on DIY gift boxes, you show the recipient just how much you care. The vintage look of this gift box gives it a Victorian look and feel. Your grandma would have given this gift to her friend as a young girl, and now you can take a trip back in time and do the same thing.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Paper Crafting
Project or Page SizeCard
Type of Paper UsedCardstock
- Martha Stewart Crafts Gift Box Tool
- Core'dinations Cardstock
- Core'dinations Sand It Gadget
- Dazzle-It Pure Hemp
- Sizzix Embossing Folder- Flower Circle
- Sizzix Die and Big Shot- Labels/Kitchen
- X-Press It- Double Sided Tape
- EK Success- Edger Punch
- MD Hobby & Craft Hole Punch
Follow the gift box tool directions to cut out pillow boxes from the cardstock.
Use the Sand It gadget to distress the cardstock.
Fold the box on the score lines and add tape to the flap and adhere both sides to hold the box together.
Fold the scored outside edges inwards to create the pillow shape.
Use the edger punch to create a decorative border. Adhere it to the box with the double sided tape.
Die cut labels using the Label/Kitchen die and cutting machine.
Place labels inside an embossing folder and run it through the Big Shot.
Punch a hole at the top of the labels with a hole punch.
Sand the labels with the Sand It Gadget.
Wrap the hemp around the box and attach the label. Tie a bow to finish it off.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
"Meet UltraViolet! The purrfectly purple crochet kitty made from Yarnspirations Patons Alpaca Blend yarn! The color of the yarn is… Continue reading: "Purrfectly Purple Patons Crochet Kitty"
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home