Upcycled Classroom Desk
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Adding unique, antique pieces to your home décor is an amazing way to insert touches of way back when into your modern life. Sometimes, however, those antique pieces don’t come to you looking classy and clean. That is why learning how to upcycle old furniture is a brilliant way to stand out in terms of home décor. Give your home the scholastic sass it has been lacking when you create this Upcycled Classroom Desk.
In the Designer's Words: "Hubby and I found this adorable vintage school desk when we were out antiquing. I couldn’t help but take it home and give it some love. This DIY will certainly take this sad little desk to the head of the class. I used Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint in Primer Red and leftover chalkboard paint. Step one was to paint the desk portion and the back of the chair in chalkboard paint. I ended up painting four coats to get it to where I wanted it."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This great kitchen canister set is just like Martha's! Keep all your food organized with this easy kitchen craft. These Martha… Continue reading: "Martha Stewart Knockoff Canisters"
- 12 Nail Polish Crafts
- Darth Vader-Inspired Stencil
- Thrifty Polka Dot Card Table Set
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft
- Easy DIY Abstract Art
- Glitter Galaxy Rocks
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Bunny Ears Cactus Painting
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Scrapbusting Mini - Improv Blocks
- Homemade Recycled Gift Tags
- Picot Flower Doily Coaster
- Susannah Beanie
- Friendship Mandala
- Grandma's Shoulder Wrap
- Alpine Stitch Infinity Scarf
- Alpine Stitch Hat
- Susannah's Scarf
- Alpine Stitch Coffee Cup Sleeve
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home