Upcycled Classroom Desk
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Adding unique, antique pieces to your home décor is an amazing way to insert touches of way back when into your modern life. Sometimes, however, those antique pieces don’t come to you looking classy and clean. That is why learning how to upcycle old furniture is a brilliant way to stand out in terms of home décor. Give your home the scholastic sass it has been lacking when you create this Upcycled Classroom Desk.
In the Designer's Words: "Hubby and I found this adorable vintage school desk when we were out antiquing. I couldn’t help but take it home and give it some love. This DIY will certainly take this sad little desk to the head of the class. I used Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint in Primer Red and leftover chalkboard paint. Step one was to paint the desk portion and the back of the chair in chalkboard paint. I ended up painting four coats to get it to where I wanted it."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
- Domestic Diva Gift Basket
- DIY Painted Circle Tote
- DIY Copycat Pottery Barn Weathered Oar
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- Charming Country Mason Jars
- Easy DIY Abstract Art
- Quick Minecraft Canvas Art
- Three Watercolor Flower Cards
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Sewing Projects
- Small Quilt Tutorial
- Fabric Skull and Crossbones Wall Hanging
- Sewing Finishes
- Crossover Style Baby Bib Pattern
- Really Reasonable Ribbon Monthly Subscription
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- QAYG Half moon Pouch
- Flower Door Hanging
- Squishy and Chunky Crochet Baby Blanket
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home