DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft
Don't send your old bike to the dumpster! Give it a facelift and a new life by turning your old bike into a planter for your garden. The DIY Bike Planter Garden Craft is a chic and rustic craft that will brighten up your backyard garden. All you have to do is use Periwinkle Krylon spray paint and you'll have the cutest garden in the neighborhood. This is the perfect spring craft for your home, but you can also change up the colors to create a wonderful autumn themed bike with mums, sunflowers, and even dried Indian corn. The possibilities are endless!
- 3 Krylon® ColorMaster Spray Paint 12oz can in Periwinkle
- 1 Sheet of 90 grit sandpaper
- 1 Bucket of soap and water
Time to Complete: 1 day
- Clean the thrifted bike well from dirt, cobwebs, grease and other elements. This is an important step to ensure that the spray paint will stick to the bicycle and not peel off. Set out a tarp or old sheet to make clean-up easier.
- Sand down any rough spots or raised rust areas.
- Slowly spray undersides of wheel wells, chain, seat and all elements of the bike. Let dry between coats until entire piece is covered.
- Once dry, place in garden and add flowers of your choice!
You can find this project, as well as many more, in our new eBook, Make it Yours®: How to Spray Paint Furniture, Home Decor Projects, Holiday Crafts and More from Krylon®! Download your own free copy today!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
More from "Painting"
Hundreds of great painting projects including free pumpkin painting ideas, oil painting, interior painting ideas, room painting ideas, and more. Explore numerous decorative painting techniques such as faux painting, sponge painting, porcelain paint