Quick Colorful Mason Jar Craft
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Add bright sheer color to plain recycled jars with this Quick Colorful Mason Jar Craft. DIY mason jar projects are great for so many occasions - you can use them as a display on your mantel or add them to the center of a table at a wedding. Whether you're crafting for a big occasion or a small get together, you can rest assured that Mason jar DIY projects will never let you down.
- Design Master TintIT Jade 535, Chartreuse 534, and Sunflower 533 or your choice of TintIT
- Design Master Clear Finish Matte
- Wire, Wire Cutters, Needle-nose Pliers and Power Drill to fashion hanger
Like this Mason jar craft? Take a look at 17 Gifts in a Mason Jar Ideas!
Make sure jar is clean and dry before spraying.
Apply your choice of TintIT color in even, parallel strokes to the exterior of the jar. Spray 2 light coats, let dry between coats. SPRAY TIP: The sheer color will intensify or deepen with each additional coats applied. You choose its color value (how light or dark you want it to be).
Apply 2 light coats of Clear Finish Matte in the same manner to add durability and protection.
To create the metal hangers, cut a piece of wire 1.5 times the diameter of the jar lip. Using the needle-nose plier create a loop at one end of the wire. Place wire around the jar to locate a halfway point then fashion another loop. Bend the loose end at a point to snuggly fit over the wire at the looped end.
Slip the end over the looped wire end to secure in place. Snip excess.
Cut two lengths of wire about 20? or desired length. Insert end into a drill and lock in place. Have someone hold the other end or insert into a vise grip.
Turn on drill to rotate wires into a thicker twisted wire.
Insert one end of the twisted wire into a loop of the wire collar, bend wire to secure in loop. Massage the wire into a U then insert the loose end into the other loop. Cut the wire to desired length and bend to secure in place.
SPRAY TIP: Use a damp cloth to clean the exterior of sprayed jar. Do not put in dishwasher or soak in water.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Charming Country Mason Jars
- How to Clean Hardened Paint Brushes
- Uncanny Penguin Tin Can Treat Holders
- Quick Minecraft Canvas Art
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- 12 Nail Polish Crafts
- Galaxy Painted Rocks
- Traditional Leather Painting Technique
- Best Skin Tone Paints
- Most Beautiful Painted Bible Cover
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Two-colored Heart Crochet Pattern
- Hank Crochet Doll
- Twirling Ghosts
- Halloween Ribbon Wreath
- Fox Pumpkin
- Wrap Me In Sunshine Shawl
- Rock Painting Flowers For Kids
- Blueberries And Cream
- Baby Changing Mat Patterns
- Double Layer Chiffon Blouse Free Tutorial
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home