Home for the Birds
Fashion this cozy cottage for our feathered friends or paint as a home accent piece.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO3 - Buttermilk
- DAO21 - Crimson Tide (transparent)
- DAO30 - Spice Pink
- DA131 - Hauser Light Green
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
Triple Thick Gloss Glaze
- TG01-21 - Triple Thick Gloss Glaze, 6-oz. Spray
- Foam plate
- 8 flat brush
- Foam brush
- 1" wood heart
- Two coordinating prints of scrapbook paper (We used The Paper Studio: Emily's Flowers 379-2006 404046; Emily's Ric-Rac Stripe 379-2006 879817)
- Unfinished wood birdhouse
- Basecoat birdhouse Buttermilk; allow to dry after each coat.
- Use Hauser Light Green to paint roof trim and birdhouse base, allowing to dry after each coat.
- Use Crimson Tide to paint front and sides of heart. Apply second coat to front of heart and while wet, sprinkle with Crystal Glamour Dust. Allow to dry.
- Use computer to print off word "HOME" in approximately 1-1/4" letters. (Note: can also freehand letters or trace from printed materials.) Trace letters onto front of birdhouse, leaving necessary space where "O" is to place painted heart. Glue heart in position and allow glue to dry. Use thick coat of Spice Pink to paint each letter. While paint is wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust and blow off excess dust. Allow paint to dry.
- Measure each side of roof top and cut striped scrapbook paper to fit. Measure sides of birdhouse and cut two patterned pieces of paper to fit.
- Applying glue with wide brush and working on one section at a time, cover backs of paper pieces completely with glue. Attach paper to birdhouse, smoothing it flat to remove bubbles. Allow glue to dry.
- Spray birdhouse with Triple Thick Gloss Glaze. Allow to dry.