Winter Rose Ornament
Make Christmas ornaments for the tree with this quick and easy craft from Sue Eldred. The Winter Rose Ornament is a glitzy, glamorous way to celebrate the holidays.
- Large White Christmas Ornament
- Fabri Tac (Beacon Adhesives)
- White Cardstock
- Diamond Glitter Glue (Ranger Industries)
- Adhesive Diamond Rhinestones (Mark Richards)
- 1” White Satin Ribbon (2 ft.)
- Silver Jingle Bells (2)
- Small Foam Mounting Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)
- Small Round Paintbrush
- Mc Gill’s Paper Blossoms Punches:
64503 Floral Petals Punch
64502 Birch Leaf Punch
64500 Alpine Snowflake
65800 Tool Kit
65900 Molding Mat
97500 Small Snowflake
- Punch Floral Petals 6 times with White Cardstock. To create a smaller rose, discard the six largest petals.
- Place the petals on the Craft Molding Mat. With the large ball stylus #8, move the stylus around in small circular motions with medium pressure to shape each petal. The petals will start to curl on the edges.
- Place the tweezers at the smaller, defined end of the petal. Use your index finger and thumb to pinch the shape around the end of the tweezers.
- Holding the pinched end between your finger and thumb, use the tweezers to grasp the side of the shape and roll back to form petal.
- After all the petals have been shaped. Lay the petals on the craft mat and paint each petal with the diamond glitter glue. Allow to dry. (option: you can also paint the rose when fully assembled)
- Punch a snowflake out of white cardstock. Lay the snowflake on the Craft Molding Mat, use the #8 stylus and move in small circular motion in the center of the snowflake. The snowflake will cup up. This will be used as our flower base.
- Start with the cupped snowflake. Working with the largest petals first, dip the end of each individual petal into the glue and adhere the petal to the snowflake base. Continuing with the next largest petals to the smallest, glue to the base one by one until you get to the center. The last couple of small petals curl inward to create center.
- Punch two leaves from the White cardstock.
- Shape the underside of each leaf with the #8 stylus. (step #3)
- With the small end stylus #2 draw veins onto each leaf. Paint Diamond Glitter Glue onto the leaves. Allow glitter glue to dry and then glue leaves to rose.
- Punch 12 large snowflakes and 8 small snowflakes. To create a sturdy snowflake, glue two of the same size snowflakes together to make three large snowflakes and four small snowflakes. Paint each snowflake with Diamond Glitter glue. Allow to dry.
- To create a dimensional snowflake, adhere large snowflake slightly off-centered with a small foam mounting square to the same size snowflake. Add diamond rhinestone to the center of each snowflake.
- Glue Glittered White Roses and Snowflakes onto the Ornament with Fabri Tac glue.
- Add White Satin Ribbon, Bows and Silver Jingle Bells to finish Ornament.
Read NextChristmas Cone Ornament