Gypsy Roses Chain Necklace
Handmade necklaces like this Gypsy Roses Chain Necklace from Consumer Crafts add a Bohemian touch to any outfit. Learn how to make chain necklaces with this simple pattern by Vicki O'Dell, and then combine an antique copper chain and ornate beads for a pretty, asymmetrical necklace.
- Boho Collection™ 24 inch antique copper chain GG-035
- Boho Collection™ rose bead strand in blues and greens GG-049
- Boho Collection™ bead mix strand with round focal bead GG-024
- Boho Collection™ 6 inch etched squares & oval strand GG-050
- Boho Collection™ antique copper pins & rings set GG-040
- Precision pliers set 1995-14
- Count 20 links from the lobster clasp on the 24 inch chain. Spread the next link apart to separate the first 20 links and the lobster clasp from the rest of the chain.
- Add the green rose from the blue and green rose bead strand with a jump ring. Add 7 more chain links with a jump ring and then the blue rose.
- Count 21 chain links. Add a jump ring on link number 8.
- Using the photo at right as a guide, cut the large blue part from the rest of the product in the bead mix strand with round focal bead. Run an eye pin through the round bead, through a green rose and out the top of the blue round bead. Carefully create a simple loop at the top. Attach to the jump ring on link number 8.
- Assemble the two blue squares and the light blue oval from the antique copper pins and rings set as shown below. Add 16 links from the remaining chain and the other half of the clasp.
- Attach the piece assembled in Step 5 to the piece with the focal bead using a jump ring.
Find this and other projects like it in our "Jewelry For You" free eBook from Consumer Crafts and Crafts Unleashed!