Lucky Horseshoe Necklace
Bring well wishes to yourself or a loved one with this Lucky Horseshoe Necklace. Great for equestrians and superstitious folks alike, this fun DIY chain necklace is easy to make and fun to wear with any outfit. This layered chain look is very easy to obtain and gives your necklace a professional look that's sure to fool your friends. Don't spend money on jewelry you're never going to wear...try your hand at creating your own! Who knows, the horseshoe charms in this necklace may be just the luck you need to get started!
- Jump rings
- Horseshoe Charms
- Cable Chain
- Horseshoe Latch Clasp
- Wire cutters
- Cut four strands of chain in varying lengths, based on what will fit you and how long you want the necklace to be. My shortest chain measured 18″ long – which hit me just below my throat, and my longest chain measured 33″ long – which hit me mid chest. The middle two chains I cut in between those lengths so that they were all in regularly decreasing sizes. Lay them out so that the chains are centered and then scatter your horseshoe charms across them, positioning the charms so that they don’t line up but are peppered randomly throughout the chains. Use the wire cutters to snip the chains where you want a charm to hang.
- Open your jump rings by twisting them, not pulling them apart. This ensures that you don’t disrupt the shape of the ring and will be able to get it closed tightly again. If you pull the ends apart they’ll never close tightly enough to keep the chain from sliding out.
- Thread a chain on one side of the jump ring and a horseshoe charm on the other, then use the pliers to close them tightly.
- Repeat this with the chain on the other side and for each horseshoe necklace charm.
- Use more jump rings to connect the ends of each chain to one of the holes on the clasp.
Read NextEasy Tee Shirt Necklace Tutorial