Stevie Nicks DIY Necklace
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
In the Designer's Words: "This DIY crystal necklace is one of my favorite jewelery tricks! Essentially, all it involves is taking a cheap rope necklace and turning it into a more stylish version of itself. It’s ridiculously simple, costs next to nothing and looks super cool!"
One of the prettiest ways to add a subtle, bohemian touch to your look is by creating gemstone jewelry. If you are looking for a feminine ways to jazz up your wardrobe, check out the Stevie Nicks DIY Necklace tutorial. This stunning how to make a necklace tutorial shows you how to create a long, witchy necklace that can be worn with just about any outfit. Costing almost nothing and looking like a truly unique piece, this free necklace pattern will quickly become your go-to way to make jewelry pieces.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- Chain necklace
How to Make a Crystal Necklace
Collecting materials (aka shopping) The first step is to collect all the parts. One being the crystal necklace and two being the chain. The crystal pendant is pretty easy to find, have a rummage through your jewellery box first and see if there are any old necklaces you want to update in there, otherwise head to your local crystal shop. They have so many to choose from and are usually pretty cheap. If you struggle deciding what crystal to choose have a look at The Cyrstal Bible, it’s a great book that gives you in-depth descriptions on lots of different crystals, their properties and what they are best used for. Often the cheaper crystal pendants come on a rope or cord necklace, which is the type you want to get. The rope does the trick of hanging the crystal around your neck but it isn’t the most stylish, which why the next item on our list is a chain. You could just go out and buy a new one, but that could get expensive. So what I like to do is visit secondhand stores and buy a whole bunch of chains in varying colours and sizes. This way I can play around and see what looks the best. Look out for chains that have pendants and decorations already on them too, often you can just take all this stuff off and be left with a beautiful chain.
Put the necklace together The last step is to put your crystal pendants and chains together. Most of the time you can easily slide the pendant onto the chain. But sometimes you can’t and this takes some imaginative thinking to make it fit. Either get some pliers to ease open one of the links in the chain and pop the pendent on, or take off a couple of the larger inks at either end of the chain, slide the pendant on and then put the links back on. Another way I think looks quite cool is by pushing the necklace through the pendent then looping it back on itself to give the knotted look or you could just pop the pendent on the clip, which is often what I do. This is all there is to this really simple project!!!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Easy Tee Shirt Necklace Tutorial
- Gorgeous DIY Key Necklaces
- Rose Gold DIY Necklace Tutorial
- Funky Lizard Toy Necklace
- Ladylike Ribbon and Pearl Necklace
- Luxurious DIY Statement Necklace
- Royal Purple T-Shirt Yarn Necklace
- Shimmer Seashell Necklace DIY
- Tee Shirt Beaded Necklace
- Quilter's Bib Necklace Pattern
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Oasis Gloves
- Thieves Oil Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- Zipper Tabs Tutorial
- Make An Inspirational Quote Plaque Using Clay
- How To Make A Paper Pencil Box Easy?
- Diy Dice Bag
- Reliable Corporation
- Hoffman Fabrics
- Knitter's Pride
- How To Crochet A Little Witchy Tea Light
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home