Mother's Day 3D Art Gift
A mother's love is unconditional, so show your own love for her with this Mother's Day 3D Art Gift. Mothers will adore anything you make them, but this easy craft idea is simple and looks really cute. This project uses a few different mediums including lace ribbon, beach pebbles, and paint, which makes it truly unique. Teens and adults alike can make this 3D craft even if you have limited craft skills and your budget is low. Your mother will cherish this handmade gift forever.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
- Small wooden block
- Piece of lace ribbon, long enough to embellish only the top and bottom edge of the wooden block, color: white
- 2 smooth beach pebbles, one smaller than the other
- Strong craft glue
- Hanging hook, nails and a craft hammer
- Scrap piece of craft paper, color: red or dark pink
- Craft paints, color: black, dark orange or red
- Artist’s rigger brush
- Start by securing the hanging hook in place, on the back side of the wooden block.
- After that, glue your beach pebbles approximately in the center of the wooden block, one next to the other, but the smaller one has to be on a lower level, as you can see in picture below:
- When the glue has dried completely, paint the eyes of your two birds (a dot), as well as their beaks, legs , and feathered tails onto the wooden base.
- To continue, take your scissors and cut your lace ribbon in half, and glue the two pieces on the top and bottom edges of the wooden block (parallel to each other).
- Finally, cut out two tiny hearts from the red (or dark pink) craft paper. Glue them wherever you like on your art project.