We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This little snowman family from Bernat Yarns is the perfect addition to your home this holiday season. These cute crochet amigurumi style figures are easy and fun to make! This Christmas crochet idea will surely melt your heart and put a smile on your face. The Crochet Snowman Family is looking for a home, and yours is the perfect place to keep them safe this holiday season. You and your family will love this new addition and will be looking forward to their arrival every Christmas.
Plus, check out the video below for a fun and easy craft video that shows you another unique way to make an adorable snowman family out of keys!
Crochet HookF/5 or 3.75 mm hook
Yarn Weight(4) Medium Weight/Worsted Weight and Aran (16-20 stitches to 4 inches)
Crochet Gauge15 sc and 16 rows = 4 ins [10 cm].
Finished SizeLarge Snowman: 6½ ins [16.5 cm] tall. Small Snowman: 4 ins [10 cm] tall.
Bernat® Handicrafter Cotton
(50 g/1.75 oz; 73 m/80 yds)
or (400 g/14 oz; 650 m/710 yds) (White)
Large Snowman: (38 g/1.35 oz; 60 m/65 yds)
Small Snowman: (15 g/0.5 oz; 23 m/25 yds)
- Crochet Hook: size 3.75 mm (U.S. F or 5) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 black buttons for eyes.
- 1 orange button for nose.
- 2 yds [1.8 m] of black worsted weight yarn for embroidery.
- Red, orange and green felt for scarves.
Want another fun amigurumi crochet project that can be used year round? Try this super cute and surprisingly simple bear lovie blanket! Adorable Bear Lovie Blanket
Crochet Snowman Family
How to Crochet a Large Snowman (Make 2)
1st rnd: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Join with sl st to first sc.
2nd rnd: Ch 1. 2 sc in each sc around. Join. 12 sc.
3rd rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join. 18 sc.
4th rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next 2 sc. 2 sc in next sc. Rep from * around. Join. 24 sc.**
Cont in this manner, inc 6 sc evenly around next 2 rnds. Place marker at end of last rnd. 36 sc.
Next rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join.
Rep last rnd until work from marked rnd measures 5 ins [12.5 cm].
Next rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 4 sc. Yoh and draw up a loop in each of next 2 sts. Yoh and draw through all loops on hook – sc2tog made. Rep from * around. Join. 30 sts.
Next rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in each of next 3 sc. Sc2tog over next 2 sts. Rep from * around. Join. 24 sts.
Next rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next 2 sc. Sc2tog over next 2 sts. Rep from * around. Join. 18 sts.
Next rnd: Ch 1. *1 sc in next sc. Sc2tog over next 2 sts. Rep from * around. Join. 12 sts.
Next rnd: Ch 1. *Sc2tog over next 2 sts. Rep from * around. Join. 6 sts. Fasten off, leaving long end.
Stuff rem of snowman. Draw yarn through rem 6 sts. Pull tightly and fasten securely.***
How to Crochet a Small Snowman (Make 1)
Work from ** to ** as for Large Snowman, placing marker at end of last rnd. 24 sc.
Next rnd: Ch 1. 1 sc in each sc around. Join.
Rep last rnd until work from marked rnd measures 3 ins [7.5 cm].
Work from *** to *** as for Large Snowman.
Thread length of yarn through rnd 3 ins [7.5 cm] up from marked rnd. Pull yarn to shape neck. Sew buttons for eyes and nose. With black yarn, embroider arms and mouth using stem st as shown in photo. Cut felt into strips ¾ x 12 ½ inch [2 x 32 cm] for Large Snowman, ¾ x 9 inch [2 x 23 cm] for Small Snowman. Cut fringe at either end. Secure into place around neck.
Find this and other fun amigurumi patterns in our collection of 31 Free Amigurumi Crochet Patterns
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
This Rustic Coffee Filter Wreath is a beautiful home decor item for the fall. It's easy to make and looks great hanging by a mantel… Continue reading: "Rustic Coffee Filter Wreathvideocam"
- Mason Jar Christmas Candles
- Unique Tampon Angel Christmas Ornament
- Mason Jar Christmas Gifts with Ball®
- Red and Green Mason Jar
- Spiral Rose Book Page Wreath Tutorial
- Simple Rhinestone Recycled Ornament
- Hand Lettered Christmas Ornaments
- 26 DIY Christmas Decorations with Toilet Rolls
- DIY Sock Snowman
- Holiday Gnomes
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Soft & Snuggly Mini-shawl
- Recycled Toilet Paper Roll Rocket Craft
- Cuff To Cuff Colorblock Cardigan
- Bob & Betty Bird
- Diy Photo Display Board From Cardboard & Leftover Fabric - No Sew!
- How To Make A Ribbon Lei
- Easy Magic Pillowcase
- Fun Kids Art Ideas With Popsicle Craft Sticks
- How To Make Homemade Body Scrubs
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home