Flower Bouquet Box
Make a decorative floral blossom box filled with flower seed tape this Mother's Day. Seed tape is easy to make and your Mom can plant the tape directly in her garden. This Mother's Day box from Terri O promises a bouquet of flowers. Find this project and 18 other Mother's Day crafts in the Mother's Day Crafts: Blogger Edition 2010 eBook.
- Paper Mache boxes in various sizes
- Acrylic paint
- Flower seeds
- Silk flowers
- Glue (water based)
- First pick your silk flowers, colors of paint and matching ribbon.
- Paint your boxes along with the lid and let dry.
- Glue your silk flower to the top along with the ribbon.
- Cut a strip of newspaper that does not have print on it. I used the very top or sides. Run a line of glue along the paper and sprinkle the seeds heavily on the glue. Let dry.
- Once dry, roll up the paper and gently place it inside the box. I used a pretty pin to keep it together.
Terri O Tip:
- Be sure to place the strip of newspaper on a larger sheet. That way you can catch the leftover seeds and use them.
- Before you glue your silk flower be sure and cut the plastic as close to the flower as possible. That way it will lay nice and flat.
- Experiment with different way to place your ribbon. Use the leaves when you can they add a nice touch.
- To secure the seeds bunch up some matching tissue paper and put it inside the box. It will look much nicer upon opening.
- Try to find seeds that work for the region that the person lives in. That way you will be assured of blooming success.
Read NextDenim Flower Brooch