Easy Sew Mug Rug With Crochet Border
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Mug rugs are practical and add a handmade touch to your home. Mug rugs make great last-minute gifts for holidays, birthdays, housewarmings, or for anytime for your favorite hot-beverage lover. This tutorial is divided into 3 parts: how to sew an easy mug rug, how to crochet onto fabric, and how to crochet a lovely shell stitch border. Finished Size 6” (15 cm) before adding crochet border; approximately 7.5” (19 cm) square after adding crochet border. Tools Sewing machine. 45 mm Rotary Cutter, Acrylic Ruler, and Cutting Mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. Pins. US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size appropriate for your yarn. Embroidery needle with large eye. June Tailor Skip-Cut Rotary Cutter Blade for Wide Spaced Cuts Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric. NOTE: A half 1/2 yard or fat quarter cut will make several mug hugs. 100% cotton or cotton blend quilt batting. 100% cotton thread in a color that coordinates or contrasts with fabric for sewing machine. King Cole Cottonsoft DK yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 229 yd/210 m) – 1 skein in 3459 Magenta, or approximately 20 yd (18.5 m) in any light weight cotton yarn. NOTE: Each skein makes 10-12 mug rug borders."
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone loves super easy crochet afghan patterns, and this Foolproof Afghan really fits the bill. This one skein pattern is warm,… Continue reading: "Foolproof Afghan Patternvideocam"
- National Craft Month 2021
- 42 Crafts to Do When Bored
- 38 Sick Day Activities for Adults
- 49 Easy 5-Minute Crafts
- Beginner Crafts: 12 Simple Craft Ideas for Adults
- Upcycled Frame To Headboard
- Kindess Rocks With A Free Printable
- Easy Sew Mug Rug With Crochet Border
- Craft Trends 2019: Our Favorite DIY Home Decor and Gift Ideas
- Easy Large Macrame Wall Hanging
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Pom Pom Sheep
- Snoh Cowl
- Diy Book Cover From Fabric
- Over-the-Collar DIY Dog Bandana
- Mia Cardigan
- Repurposed Lighting Antique Angel
- Repurposed Cutting Board Decorative Sign
- Making Continuous Bias Binding Tape
- Mother's Day Flower Card
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home