Easy Sew Mug Rug With Crochet Border
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
"Mug rugs are practical and add a handmade touch to your home. Mug rugs make great last-minute gifts for holidays, birthdays, housewarmings, or for anytime for your favorite hot-beverage lover. This tutorial is divided into 3 parts: how to sew an easy mug rug, how to crochet onto fabric, and how to crochet a lovely shell stitch border. Finished Size 6” (15 cm) before adding crochet border; approximately 7.5” (19 cm) square after adding crochet border. Tools Sewing machine. 45 mm Rotary Cutter, Acrylic Ruler, and Cutting Mat OR fabric scissors and marking pen. Pins. US Size G-6/4 mm crochet hook, or size appropriate for your yarn. Embroidery needle with large eye. June Tailor Skip-Cut Rotary Cutter Blade for Wide Spaced Cuts Basic sewing supplies (seam ripper, thread snips, etc.). Materials 100% cotton fabric. NOTE: A half 1/2 yard or fat quarter cut will make several mug hugs. 100% cotton or cotton blend quilt batting. 100% cotton thread in a color that coordinates or contrasts with fabric for sewing machine. King Cole Cottonsoft DK yarn (100% cotton, 3.5 oz/100 g, 229 yd/210 m) – 1 skein in 3459 Magenta, or approximately 20 yd (18.5 m) in any light weight cotton yarn. NOTE: Each skein makes 10-12 mug rug borders."
Primary TechniqueGeneral Crafts
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Have you ever seen a more beautiful way to recycle pill bottles? Rather than throwing empty pill bottles away, make this Stunningly… Continue reading: "Stunningly Beautiful Pill Bottle Lamp"
- Stay Home and Craft Challenge
- 42 Crafts to Do When Bored
- Recycling Craft Blogs to Follow
- 11 DIY Craft Projects Everyone Is Talking About
- Diy Fleece Tie Blanket
- Kindess Rocks With A Free Printable
- 22 Galaxy Crafts for Adults That Are Out-of-This-World
- FaveCrafts Studio LIVE
- 12 Coolest Resin Crafts + Resin Casting for Beginners
- 60 Best Craft Blogs
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- The "any Size" Turban Hat
- Adjustable Crochet Bracelet
- Classic Vintage Bonnet
- Velvet Fur Hood
- Rose Bonnet
- Lavender Milk Bath
- Stuffed Mushrooms Earrings
- Rose Clay Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- Floral Handbag
- How To Paint With Vinyl On Canvas
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home