Recycled Floral Home Decor
Looking for a fun home craft idea? Make Recycled Floral Home Decor from Theresa Cifali. It will feel like spring no matter the weather.
- Jameson tin (but you use whatever you have!)
- ATG tape gun - I find the thin adhesive to be strong enough, but a strong adhesive like Mod Podge will work also
- Graphic45 Curtin Call paper (any scrapbook paper will do)
- Mini Scrabble tiles
- Paper trimmer
- The first thing I did was decide which papers from the Graphic45 Curtain Call collection I was going to use. I happen to love the vintage feel of all their papers, but I particularly like this line because I am also a musician.
- Once I figured that out, I set right to work covering the outside of the tin with a full sheet of 12x12 paper. As you can see, the tin is a little bit longer than the paper...
- I dealt with that by choosing the coordinating paper that has these ticket stubs.
- It was really unnecessary to measure this, so I just cut off 2 lines of tickets, like this..
- Next, I adhered that strip to the top rim of the tin...
- Graphic45 not only sells their papers individually, but they also have these really cool paper packs. Inside the pack are 2 sheets of each paper design and then in the back there are these press outs that are dual sided. I used these....
- Actually, the one that has the musical notes had a piano keyboard on the underside. I ultimately went with that. I trimmed those with scissors and began to layer them vertically onto the tin.
- This image came right from the scrapbook paper itself. I cut that out, mounted it onto another coordinating sheet to make this panel which I then layered onto the tin.
We interviewed Theresa Cifali on FaveCrafts Radio and asked her about this project. Listen to the May 4 show to hear her tips and tricks.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.