Metal Garden Notebook DIY Craft Project
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This Metal Garden Notebook DIY Craft Project is dressed up in a few layers of paint and pretty metal flowers. If you're look for mixed media art ideas, this is the perfect project for you. This notebook is fun and easy to make and doesn't require a lot of time. Use a variety of dies to personalize your own notebook or customize it for a friend. DIY office supplies like this one can help you get in the creative mindset and make less exciting tasks like sitting in class fun. Throw this notebook in your bag and jot down your ideas as soon as you get them. This notebook will stick out from a sea of other supplies on your desk.
Primary TechniqueMixed Media
- Composition notebook
- Wrights Baby Rick Rack
- Sizzix Big Shot and Dies- Labels/Kitchen, Flower #7 and #8
- iLoveToCreate Liquid Fusion Adhesive
- Sizzix Embossing Folders- Playful, Flower Circle
- Faber Castell Gold Pitt Artist Pen
- Plaid Wax, Chalkboard Paint and Glitter Craft Paint
- MD Craft and Hobby Metal Hole Punch, Gloves and Metal Sheet Role
- Fiskars Mixed Media Scissors
Cut pieces of the metal sheet to fit the dies.
Die cut the flowers and labels from the metal sheet.
Place die cuts in the embossing folder and pass them through the die cut machine.
Paint all the die cut pieces with a layer of white wax and set aside to dry.
Rub black paint over some areas of the flowers, once dry rub purple paint on top. Once the flowers are dry add a layer of glitter paint to the top.
Paint the cover of the notebook with a few layers of black chalkboard paint allowing it to dry between coats.
Use a dry paint brush to smear two colors of paint over the notebook surface.
Adhere pieces of Rick Rack to the notebook to create flower stems.
Punch a hole through each flower and add a brad.
Adhere all flowers to the book, use the label pieces to make clouds. Leaves can be made by cutting petals off a flower.
Once all the pieced are glued in place use the Pitt Pen to write the word "notes" on one of the clouds.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 2020 Christmas Toilet Paper
- Salt Dough Houses
- Christmas Village Shadowbox
- Corrugated Cardboard Snowman Ornaments
- Roll Brim Tunisian Toque
- Easy Fringed Garter Stitch Scarf
- Encompass Cowl
- Easy Snowflake Coasters To Sew Free Template
- Cardboard Postage Stamp Ornaments
- Christmas Coloring Card
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home