Embossed Mixed Media Frame
Use mixed media techniques to create your own homemade gift! An Embossed Mixed Media Frame from Linda Peterson looks great sitting on a mantel, desk or table. You won't believe how easy it is to create this fun, inventive craft.
- Wooden frame or other suitable surface
- Decorative paper (I used old letter handwriting)
- Acrylic paint in colors of choice plus burnt umber
- Modeling paste
- Color Wash – butterscotch or color of choice
- Stencil of choice
- Old credit card
- Paper towels
- Bucket of water
- Decoupage Medium
- Sanding block
- Decoupage paper to front of frame and allow to dry.
- Sand edges smooth with sanding block.
- Apply base colors of paint randomly over paper allowing some paper to show through.
- Spritz color wash onto palette. Apply with wet brush to surface and alter color.
- Place stencil where desired and scrape modeling medium over stencil. Remove stencil and allow to dry completely. Paint a layer of decoupage medium over front and allow to dry.
- Antique with brown paint.
- Remove excess with a moistened paper towel and allowing some paint to remain in the cracks and crevasses.
For a comprehensive video tutorial of this project, check out How to Create an Embossed Mixed Media Frame.