Stylish Spring Apron
For a fun and pretty spring arts and crafts idea, try making this stylish spring apron from I Love to Create! It's an easy tie dye craft with plenty of flair. Step into spring with this great DIY accessory!
- Tulip® One-Step Dye™ (Fuschia, Orange Yellow)
- Tulip® Cool Color Block
- Adult T-shirt - medium - white
- Trash bags or plastic tablecloth
- Ribbon - wide - black
- Thread - black
- Straight pins
- Sewing machine
- Using scissors, cut off the upper half of the shirt from just underneath both arms. Keep only the bottom half of shirt.
- Using the Tulip® Cool Color Block™, free-hand draw the flower and the words “Spring Time” onto T-shirt. Refer to photo. Let dry.
- Cover work surface with trash bags or plastic tablecloth. Lay fabric on prepared surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to Fuchsia, Orange and Yellow Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™ bottles, per instructions. Replace cap tightly. Shake each bottle until dye is dissolved.
- Squeeze out Fuchsia dye to liking on the corner section of the T-shirt where the flower is located.
- Repeat step with the Orange and Yellow dyes. The Orange dye should be right up against the Fuchsia and the Yellow dye right up against the Orange. Refer to photo.
- Cover dyed fabric with trash bag/plastic tablecloth. Let sit 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry.
- Cut a 2-yard length of wide black ribbon. Pin the apron fabric to the center section of the ribbon. Sew ribbon in place with black thread and sewing machine.