Faux Leather Wall Art
Can you believe it's not leather? Textured papers and upholstery nails create the appearance of expensive leather in this wall tableaux. Find this project and many more low-cost decorating ideas in the great decor in a flash without a lot of cash eBook from Dow.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Sheets, three 12" x 24" x 1"
- Textured papers: Stucco paper, bronze, two sheets; Ancient Tablet paper, bronze, two sheets**
- Upholstery nails, 200 large, bronze plated
- Acrylic craft paint, black
- Putty knife
- Paint brush
- Pencil with sharp point
- Utility knife with new blade
- Hook & loop picture hangers
- Straight pins (optional)
- Rubber brayer (optional)
- Thick white craft glue
1. Paint black the edges of all three sheets of STYROFOAM™ brand foam. Extend paint to cover ¼" around the top edge of each foam sheet. Let dry.
2. Cut three 12" x 12" pieces of Ancient Tablet paper. Referring to photo, stagger placement of the paper squares on the three sheets of STYROFOAM™ brand foam. Mark where each paper is placed by scoring the foam sheet with a pencil and ruler.
3. Spread glue on sheet of STYROFOAM™ brand foam, staying inside scored lines. Center and glue paper square to foam sheet. If needed, pin edges in place until glue dries.
4. Measure the uncovered areas above and below each paper square and cut Stucco paper to size. Adhere Stucco paper to foam sheets following Step #3. Let dry.
5. Referring to photo, push upholstery nails through Stucco paper and into the STYROFOAM™ brand foam, outlining paper.
6. Affix hook and loop tabs to the top back of each foam sheet and to the wall. Hang wall art using hook and loop hangers.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.
Read NextNo Sew Leather Hair Ties