ABCs Baby Quilt
This easy baby quilt pattern is great for a last-minute baby shower thanks to iron-on threads for instant embellishes and sew-free craft squares that a pre-quilted. Make this adorable wall hanging in only one hour -- perfect!
- Mini Iron or household iron
- Kreinik 1/8” Ribbon in 014 Sky Blue and 092 Star Pink
- Kreinik Iron-on 1/16” Ribbon in 6400 Blue Bell, 6100 Carnation, 6200 Daffodil, and 6300 Meadow
- 4 of Daisy Kingdom’s Connect-It squares in pastel colors
- Teflon press cloth
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and let it heat thoroughly.
- To get the letter shapes, you may want to lightly trace an outline onto the fabric squares, or use a computer font (enlarged to be the right size for your block and printed on paper) to copy. Use a block-style letter.
- Pick one of the iron-on thread colors and begin on one block. Lay the thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon press cloth, and press with your hot iron for several seconds or until the thread adheres. Continue working your pattern this way until your letter is complete.
- When all lettering is done, use the two colors of 1/8” Ribbon to tie bows at all buttonholes, thus tying each block together.
- If desired, attach safety pins on the top back side, or small rings, to serve as hangers for the wall hanging.
Read NextSimple Strip Baby Quilt Pattern