Cable Knit Scarf Pattern
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The design for this cable knit scarf pattern from Bernat Yarns is timeless and a unique alternative to the traditional braided cable. Stay warm with this thick and long scarf with fringe this winter. The more difficult cable pattern is intended for intermediate knitters. Knitters looking for a challenge that will add some comfy yet chic accents to their fall and winter wear will love this pattern.
Knitted up with a textured stitch and finished with fringe, this scarf pattern is as warm as it is wonderful. The original scarf is knitted in a snow white alpaca yarn, but you could easily customize it to fit your winter coat in other hues of the same yarn weight.
Find even more knitting patterns for stunning scarves in our colleciton of 59 Free Scarf Knitting Patterns.
- Yarn: 4 balls of Bernat Alpaca (100 g / 3.5 oz) #93007 (Natural)
- Knitting Needles- 4 6 mm (U.S. 10) double-point needles or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 12 sts and 17 rows = 4" 10 cm in stocking st.
- C6B = Slip next 3 stitches onto a CN and leave at back of work. K3, then K3 from CN.
- C6F = Slip next 3 stitches onto a CN and leave at front of work. K3, then K3 from CN.
- Approx 4 x 55" 10 x 139.5 cm excluding fringe.
- Cast on 48 sts. Divide into 18 sts on 1st and 2nd needles and 12 sts on 3rd needle. Join in rnd. Place marker on first st.
- 1st to 4th rnds: Knit.
- 5th rnd: *K6. C6B. Rep from * around.
- 6th to 9th rnds: Knit.
- 10th rnd: *C6F. K6. Rep from * around.
- Rep last 10 rnds of Shadow Cable Pat until work from beg measures 55" [139.5 cm], ending on a 4th rnd.
- Cast off knitwise.
- Cut yarn 10" [25.5 cm] long. Lay Scarf flat. Take 3 strands of yarn tog, fold in half and knot into fringe 1/2 inch [1.5 cm] apart across ends of Scarf. Trim fringe evenly.
- Hand Wash Lay Flat to Dry: Wash gently by hand in water (not exceeding 30C/86F).
- Do not bleach.
- After extraction of excess water, dry the article on a suitable flat surface.
- Do not iron or press.
- Do not dry-clean.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Quicksilver Shawlette
- Make DIY blank books from leftover notebook paper
- Refashion shorts into a skirt
- Repurposed Shutters Sign for Halloween
- Halloween Pencil Box
- 50+ Free Easy Crochet Patterns and Help for Beginners
- Tea Time
- Diamonds and Ice Mandala Coloring Page
- Emperor's Festival Adult Coloring Page
- Pure Royalty Adult Coloring Page
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home