Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit yourself a pink cable hat and scarf with this great free knitting pattern from Bernat Yarns. They'll keep you nice and warm during the fall and winter months. Pink brings out the style in you. This Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf pattern is the perfect, pastel pair to wear this winter. Free knitting patterns make fabulous winter projects because they are toasty warm and extra practical. Plus, this pink knitting pattern makes a great project for Breast Cancer Awareness crafts. Wear your awareness in style with these free knitting patterns. This free hat pattern for knitting and free scarf pattern would make a great gift, as well.
Learn how to knit even more snuggly warm free knitting patterns with the cozy and warm projects in our list of 50+ Free Scarf Knitting Patterns.
How to Knit: Pink Cabled Hat and Scarf
- Yarn: Bernat® Berella ‘4’ (100 g/3.5 oz; 197 m/216 yds) #00732 (Ultra Pink) 3 balls
- Knitting Needles: Sizes 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) and 5 mm (U.S. 8) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- Cable needle (cn)
Gauge: 18 sts and 24 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
C4F = Slip next 2 sts onto cn and leave at front of work. K2, then K2 from cn.
C3F = Slip next 2 sts onto cn and leave at front of work. K1, then K2 from cn.
C3B = Slip next st onto cn and leave at back of work. K2, then K1 from cn.
Size: Hat: To fit average lady.
Scarf: Approx 8 x 64 ins [20.5 x 162.5 cm].
CABLE PANEL (CP) (worked over 10 sts).
1st row: (RS). P3. C4F. P3.
2nd row: K3. P4. K3.
3rd row: P2. C3B. C3F. P2.
4th row: K2. P6. K2.
5th row: P1. C3B. K2. C3F. P1.
6th row: K1. P8. K1.
7th row: C3B. K4. C3F.
8th row: P10. These 8 rows form
Cable Panel (CP).
With larger needles, cast on 37 sts. Work 7 rows garter st noting first row is WS and inc 6 sts evenly across last row. 43 sts.
1st row: (RS). K2. Work 1st row CP. P2. (K1. P1) 7 times. K1. P2. Work 1st row CP. K2.
2nd row: K2. Work 2nd row CP. K2. (K1. P1) 7 times. K3. Work 2nd row CP. K2. Last 2 rows form Seed St Pat in center. CP is now in position.
Cont in pat until Scarf measures 62½ ins [159 cm], ending on a 2nd row of CP and dec 6 sts evenly across last row. 37 sts. Work 7 rows garter st. Cast off knitwise (WS).
With smaller needles, cast on 79 sts. Work 4 ins [10 cm] in garter st inc 8 sts evenly across last row. 87 sts. Place marker at end of last row.
Change to larger needles.
1st row: (RS). (K1. P1) twice. K1. *P2. Work 1st row CP. P2.** (K1. P1) 3 times. K1. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. (K1. P1) twice. K1.
2nd row: (K1. P1) twice. K1. *K2. Work 2nd row CP. K2.** (K1. P1) 3 times. K1. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. (K1. P1) twice. K1. Last 2 rows form Seed St Pat. CP is now in position.
Cont in pat until work from marker measures 5 ins [12.5 cm], ending on a WS row.
Shape top: 1st row: (RS). K1. P3tog. K1. *P2. Work CP. P2.** K1. P1. K3tog. P1. K1. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. K1. P3tog. K1. 77 sts rem.
2nd and 4th rows: Work even in pat.
3rd row: K1. P1. K1. *P2. Work CP. P2. ** K1. P3tog. K1. Rep from * twice more, then from * to ** once. K1. P1. K1. 71 sts rem.
5th row: K1. P1. K1. *P2. (K2. K2tog) twice. K2. P2. K1. P1. K1. Rep from * to end. 63 sts rem.
6th row: K1. P1. K1. *K2. P8. K3. P1. K1. Rep from * to end.
7th row: K1. P1. K1. *P2. (K2tog) 4 times. P2. K1. P1. K1. Rep from * to end. 47 sts rem.
8th row: K1. P1. K1. *K2. P4. K3. P1. K1. Rep from * to end.
9th row: K3tog. *P2tog. (K2tog) twice. P2tog. K3tog. Rep from * to end. 21 sts rem. Break yarn, leaving a long end and draw tightly through rem sts. Sew back seam, reversing for cuff turnback.
More Patterns to Knit and Crochet for Breast Cancer:
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Beginner's Favorite Knitted Hat
- Men's Winter Hat and Scarf
- 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns
- Autumn Knit Beret Pattern
- Chunky Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Soft Cable Hat Knitting Pattern
- Diagonal Hat and Scarf Knitting Pattern
- Honeycomb Knit Hat & Cowl
- Gray Knit Scarf Set for Men
- Double Knit Hat with Earflaps
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home