Sporty Knit Shawl
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This shawl from Bernat Yarns is lightweight and will match everything in your wardrobe. Try this easy knit shawl pattern in your favorite color.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
- Bernat® Satin Sport (85 g/3 oz/202 m/221 yds)
- (03011 Taupe) 5 balls
- Circular Knitting Needle: size 4 mm (U.S. 6) 90 cm [36 ins] long or size needed to obtain gauge.
- 2 buttons.
Approx 48 ins [122 cm] wide x 35 ins [89 cm] deep.
22 sts and 30 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
Note: Move center st marker up each row. Beg at center of top edge, cast on 3 sts.
1st row: (WS). K1. yo. P1. Place marker on last st (center st). yo. K1. 5 sts.
2nd row: K2. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K2. 7 sts.
3rd row: P3. yo. P1 (center st). yo. P3. 9 sts.
4th row: K4. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K4. 11 sts.
5th and following alt rows: Purl to center st. yo. P1 (center st). yo. Purl to end of row.
6th row: K1. yo. Sl1 K2tog. psso. yo. K2. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K2. yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1.
8th row: K1. yo. Sl1 K2tog. psso. yo. K4. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K4. yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1.
10th row: (K1. yo. Sl1 K2tog. psso. yo) twice. K2. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K2. (yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1) twice.
12th row: (K1. yo. Sl1 K2tog. psso. yo) twice. K4. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K4. (yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1) twice.
14th row: *K1. yo. Sl1 K2tog. psso. yo. Rep from * to center 5 sts. K2. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K2. **yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1. Rep from ** to end of row.
16th row: *K1. yo. Sl1 K2tog. psso. yo. Rep from * to center 9 sts. K4. yo. K1 (center st). yo. K4. **yo. Sl1. K2tog. psso. yo. K1. Rep from ** to end of row.
17th row: As 5th row.
Rep 14th to 17th rows until there are 329 sts ending on a purl row.
Edging: 1st row: Knit.
2nd and 3rd rows: Purl.
4th row: Knit.
5th row: K1. *yo. K2tog. Rep from * to end of row.
6th and 7th rows: Purl.
Cast off knitwise loosely (WS).
Top edging: With RS facing, pick up and knit 239 sts along top edge. Knit 2 rows. Cast off knitwise loosely (WS).
Try on Shawl and mark positions for 2 buttons as shown in photo. Sew on buttons using eyelets worked in edging as buttonholes.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Knit Cabled Cardigan Pattern
- Princess Shawl
- 25 Free Knitted Sweater Patterns for Women
- 19 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- Two Piece Knit Poncho Pattern
- 18 Favorite Free Shawl and Poncho Knitting Patterns
- Soft Shoulder Shawl
- Casual Pullover
- Classic Stripe Knit Blanket Sweater
- Easy Triangle Poncho
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 11 Easter Crafts for Kids
- 100+ Easter Crafts
- Duo of Bears Unisex Baby T-Shirt
- Cross My Heart Treat Bag
- How to Sew a Zipper into a Lined Skirt
- Tiny Valentine Gift Boxes
- Pretty Hearts Hot Pad
- DIY Mini Pallet Photo Magnets
- Padded Denim Hearts for Decoration or Keyring
- Faux Topiary Heart Place Card Holders