We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Make a beautiful shawl like this from Red Heart Yarn. The bright pink color is beautiful and always you to wear it any time of year. It's for a more experienced knitter. The flower embellishment is the perfect finishing touch.
Shawl measures 12” x 36”.
- RED HEART® “Shimmer™”: 1 skein 1715 Hot Pink.
- Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7].
- Stitch markers, yarn needle.
- GAUGE: 22 sts = 4”; 25 rows = 4” in Lace stitch. 18 sts = 4”; 25 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Lace Stitch (multiple of 14 sts + 1)
Row 1 (right side): * K1, yo, k5, yo, sk2p, yo, k5, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 2: Purl.
Row 3: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo, p1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 4: P1, * [p3, k1] 3 times, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 5: * K1, yo, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, p1, k1, k2tog, p1, ssk, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 6: P1, * p3, k1, [p2, k1] twice, p4; repeat from * across.
Row 7: * [K1, yo] twice, k2tog, p1, ssk, p1, k2tog, p1, ssk, yo, k1, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 8: P1, * p4, [k1, p1] twice, k1, p5; repeat from * across.
Row 9: * K1, yo, k3, yo, sk2p, p1, k3tog, yo, k3, yo; repeat from * to last st, k1.
Row 10: Purl.
Repeat Rows 1 – 10 for Lace Stitch Pattern.
Sk2p: Slip 1 st knitwise to right needle, knit next 2 sts together, pass the slip stitch over and off needle.
Ssk: Slip 2 sts knitwise one at a time to right needle, insert point of left needle into front of sts, and knit them together.
Cast on 23 stitches.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows.
Set up Beginning Shawl Pattern
Row 1 (right side): K4, yo, place marker, work Row 1 of
Lace stitch over next 15 sts, place marker, yo, k4–25 sts.
Row 2: K4, p1, work Row 2 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 3: K5, work Row 3 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Row 4: K4, p1, work Row 4 of Lace stitch between markers, p1, k4.
Increase Row (right side): K4, yo, work across row in pattern as established to last 4 sts, yo, k4–27 sts.
Repeat Inc Row every fourth row 12 times more, working extra sts in St st–51 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row, making note of Lace stitch pattern row.
Setup Center Shawl Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, place marker, continue
Lace stitch over next 43 sts, place marker, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, working Lace stitch over center 43 sts, repeat Inc Row every fourth row 4 times more, working extra sts in St st.–61 sts.
Work win established pattern until piece measures 24½” from beginning, ending with a wrong side row.
Next (Dec) Row: K4, yo, k3tog, work across row in pattern as established to last 7 sts, k3tog, yo, k4–59 sts.
Repeat Dec Row every fourth row 2 times more–55 sts.
Work 3 rows in established pattern. Remove markers on last row.
Setup Shawl End Pattern
Next Row (right side): K4, yo, k3tog, k13, place marker, continue Lace stitch over center 15 sts, place marker, k13, k3tog, yo, k4–53 sts.
Continue in pattern as established, again working Lace stitch pattern over center 15 sts only, and extra sts in St st, repeat Dec Row every fourth row 15 times more. Remove markers as sts are decreased–23 sts.
Work in Garter st for 6 rows. Bind off loosely. Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easy Origami Hearts
- DIY Beet Dye for Fabric
- Butterfly Lace Mandala Adult Coloring Page
- Intricate Snowflake Adult Coloring Page
- Crochet Pumpkin Patch Bear
- Hanukkah Gift Envelopes
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Angled Mesh Crochet Scarf
- Candy Corn Crochet Door Basket
- Giant Crochet Cable Pillow
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home