Knit Moebius Wrap
The knit moebius wrap is a simple pattern for a sophisticated shawl to wear this winter. If you're looking for a free, online knit shawl/wrap pattern that's as stylish as it is practical, you'll love this one with its unique twist front detail.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Finished Measurements: Wrap measures 21”/53.5cm wide x 40”/101.5cm long measured along wrap's edge
- Caron International's Dazzleaire (80% Soft Acrylic/20% nylon, 3 oz/85 g,
- 155yds/141m): 6oz/170g
- Shown in: #0007 Linen
- One pair size U.S. 15 (10 mm) needles or size to obtain gauge
- Yarn needle
Gauge: In Stockinette stitch, 11 sts and 14 rows = 4”/10 cm.
- slk = slip first stitch knitwise
- slp = slip first stitch purlwise
Row 1: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
Row 2: *K8, p8; rep from * across.
- Rep Rows 1 and 2 for patt.
- The first stitch of every row is always slipped to give the edges a slight curl.
- The entire piece is knit in one long rectangle and twisted when finishing before sewing together.
CO 56 sts very loosely.
Row 1: Slk, k7, *p8, k8; rep from * across.
Row 2: Slp, p7, *k8, p8; rep from * across.
Rep Rows 1 and 2 until piece measures 40”.
Join the two narrow edges, giving the rectangle a half twist creating a moebius.
- Using yarn needle, weave in ends.
Read NextNautile Knitted Shawl