We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This beautiful Knit Lipstick Cowl is one of our favorite striped cowl patterns. It is quite easy to work up and you'll absolutely love the pattern! It is simple and easy to learn, which always makes knitting enjoyable. You can use any combination of colors to personalize this pattern. For the holidays, you can work up a bright red and green to gift someone for the holiday season.
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Finished Sizeapprox. 13'' (33 cm) wide x 11'' (28 cm) high
- Super bulky weight yarn
- 100 yards Color A + 100 yards Color B
- Size 15 circular needles
- Tapestry needle (large-eye sewing needle)
- Using Color A, cast on 62 stitches
- The backwards loop method is a good choice - see video tutorial here: kariskits.com/how-to-knit
- Knit one row
- Join work in the round
- For a video explaining this, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsPlcPp_tw
- Knit 10 rounds
- Using Color B, knit 10 rounds
- Color A: knit 5 rounds
- Color B: knit 5 rounds
- Color A: knit 3 rounds
- Color B: knit 2 rounds
- Bind off all stitches in Color B
When adding Color B:
Hold color B behind the work, leaving a 4-5'' tail. Insert knitting needle into next stitch to knit wrap; wrap Color B around needle; bring color B forward. Continue knitting, being careful not to pull on Color B too hard.
When knitting stripes:
You don't have to cut the yarn every time you switch colors! Instead, pick up the new color and twist once with the old color before knitting the next round. Be sure to leave enough slack in the yarn so it's not too tight.
If you could rename this project, what would you name it?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make these super cute slippers and lounge around the house. Grandma's Knitted Slippers also make great gifts for your favorite people.… Continue reading: "Grandma's Knitted Slippersvideocam"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How To Make A Kid's Apron From A Man's Shirt Sleeve
- Skylar Ribbed Singlet
- Plastic Bottle Planter
- Mermaid Slime
- No Sew Diy Mask - Duct Tape To The Rescue
- Super Easy Carrot Bunting
- Crochet Easter Bunny Egg Garland
- Ways To Disinfect Clothes & Fight The Virus
- Unisex Scrubs Pants Free Pattern
- Unmasking Diy Mask Material - Free Pattern
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home