We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This beautiful Knit Lipstick Cowl is one of our favorite striped cowl patterns. It is quite easy to work up and you'll absolutely love the pattern! It is simple and easy to learn, which always makes knitting enjoyable. You can use any combination of colors to personalize this pattern. For the holidays, you can work up a bright red and green to gift someone for the holiday season.
Knitting Needle Size15 or 10 mm
Yarn Weight(6) Super Bulky/Super Chunky (4-11 stitches for 4 inches)
Finished Sizeapprox. 13'' (33 cm) wide x 11'' (28 cm) high
- Super bulky weight yarn
- 100 yards Color A + 100 yards Color B
- Size 15 circular needles
- Tapestry needle (large-eye sewing needle)
Be sure to ENTER TO WIN the Knit Lipstick Cowl Kit to use while making this project! Leave a comment on this page and you will receive a bonus entry. Don't miss the grand prize giveaway including one of each prize featured in the 10 Days of Thanks.
- Using Color A, cast on 62 stitches
- The backwards loop method is a good choice - see video tutorial here: kariskits.com/how-to-knit
- Knit one row
- Join work in the round
- For a video explaining this, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsPlcPp_tw
- Knit 10 rounds
- Using Color B, knit 10 rounds
- Color A: knit 5 rounds
- Color B: knit 5 rounds
- Color A: knit 3 rounds
- Color B: knit 2 rounds
- Bind off all stitches in Color B
When adding Color B:
Hold color B behind the work, leaving a 4-5'' tail. Insert knitting needle into next stitch to knit wrap; wrap Color B around needle; bring color B forward. Continue knitting, being careful not to pull on Color B too hard.
When knitting stripes:
You don't have to cut the yarn every time you switch colors! Instead, pick up the new color and twist once with the old color before knitting the next round. Be sure to leave enough slack in the yarn so it's not too tight.
- There is a maximum of one extra entry per person. The extra entry will be based upon a comment left on this post. Duplicate comments are not tallied.
- The winner will be selected at random from the comments on this page and the entries on the contest page.
- The winner will be contacted on the morning of November 20th, 2017.
- Email Address provided in their account (please do NOT leave your email address in the comments--you already provided it when you created your account)
- You have until November 19th, 2017 at 11:59pm EST to leave your comment on this post. Comments posted after that will not be counted.
- Contest open to anyone 18+ in US and/or Canada. Excludes Quebec and Puerto Rico.
If you could rename this project, what would you name it?
Comment below for a chance to win!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- 14 Knit and Crochet Bun Hat Patterns
- How to Prevent Fabric Shrinkage
- Tassel and Trim DIY Throw Pillow
- Ripples of Joy Christmas Afghan Crochet Pattern
- Austin Cables Throw
- Dreamy Baby
- Winter’s Cerise Crochet Slouch
- Colourful Baby Blanket
- Altered Paper Tube Decor
- 11 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations free eBook
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home