We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
A stretchy yarn and easy rolled brim means that this baby hat fits comfortably but does not slide around. Use this free baby hat knitting pattern to keep baby warm and cozy, no matter what the season. You can make this hat in any assortment of colors...so it's easy to customize for a little girl or boy. This Stretchy Baby Hat works up quickly and makes for a wonderful weekend project. You may even find that once you start, it's hard to stop making these adorable knit baby hats!
Find this beautiful pattern and more knit hats in 27 Free Hat Knitting Patterns.
- 1 ball Bernat® Baby Stretch (80 g / 2.8 oz) yarn in Strawberry Spring (MC)
- 1 ball Bernat® Baby Stretch (80 g / 2.8 oz) yarn in Elastic Lace (A)
- 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) knitting needles or size needed to obtain gauge
Gauge: 20 sts and 26 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in stocking st.
To fit head: 6 (12-18-24) mos. The instructions are written for smallest size. If changes are necessary for larger sizes the instructions will be written thus ( ).
Hat is worked from top down.
- With MC, cast on 9 sts.
- 1st row: (RS). (K1. yfwd) 8 times. K1. 17 sts.
- 2nd and alt rows: Purl.
- 3rd row: K1. (yfwd. K2) 8 times. 25 sts.
- 5th row: K1. (yfwd. K3) 8 times. 33 sts.
- 7th row: K1. (yfwd. K4) 8 times. 41 sts.
- 9th row: K1. (yfwd. K5) 8 times. 49 sts.
- 10th row: Purl.
- Cont in same manner, inc 8 sts on next and every following alt row to 73 (81-81-89) sts. Place marker at end of last row.
- Cont even in stocking st until work from marked row measures 3 (3½-3¾-4) ins [7.5 (9-9.5-10) cm], ending with a purl row.
- Change to A and cont in stocking st for 2 ins [5 cm] more, ending with a purl row. Cast off.
- Sew back seam, reversing seam for roll up.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Make your own chandelier for only a few bucks using this tutorial from Heather Mann! The Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier looks like… Continue reading: "Dollar Store DIY Beaded Chandelier"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- I Spy Sports
- I Spy Outer Space
- Winter Kids Scarf
- 42 Things To Do With The Elf On The Shelf
- How To Make Sanda Frost From Paper?
- Color Block (or Not) Earrings
- Buffalo Plaid Placemat
- 10 Winter Coloring Pages for Adults: Printable PDFs
- Elf Leg Earrings
- Through The Window Hand Towel
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home