Jingle Jester Baby Hat
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit an adorable baby jester hat with jingle ends for the holidays or anytime. Baby will love jingling the bells. This baby hat knitting pattern is intended for intermediate knitters.
- Yarn: RED HEART® “Super Saver®”: 1 Skein 672 Spring Green
- Circular Knitting Needles: 4.5mm [US 7]-16”.
- Double Pointed Needles: 4.5mm [US 7].
- 3 Stitch markers
- Yarn needle
- 3 jingle bells
- Sewing needle and thread.
Size: Hat Circumference: 13¼”
Gauge: 18 sts = 4”; 24 rnds = 4” in St st.
With circular needle, cast on 56 sts. Join to work in the round making sure that sts are not twisted and place a marker between first and last sts.
Rnd 1: * K2, P2; repeat from * around.
Repeat Rnd 1 for ribbing for 4½”.
K 1 rnd, inc 4 sts evenly spaced – 60 sts. Work even in St st for 2½” – 7” from beginning.
[K20, place marker on needle] twice, K 20 to marker at end of rnd.
Rnd 1: K, inc 1 st before and after each marker – 6 sts inc in rnd.
Rnd 2: K.
Repeat Rnds 1 and 2 seven times – 108 sts.
Divide and Shape Points
First Point: Place first 36 sts onto a dpn; leave remaining sts on the circular needle.
Note: Points will measure about 5” from base to tip. To make points longer or shorter, adjust the number of rows between decrease rows.
Rnd 1: [K4, K2tog] 6 times – 30 sts.
Rnds 2-6: K.
Rnd 7: [K3, K2tog] 6 times – 24 sts.
Rnds 8-12: K.
Rnd 13: [K2, K2tog] 6 times – 18 sts.
Rnds 14-18: K.
Rnd 19: [K1, K2tog] 6 times – 12 sts.
Rnds 20-24: K.
Rnd 25: [K2tog] 6 times – 6 sts.
Rnds 26-30: K.
Cut yarn, leaving a 6” tail. With yarn needle, weave yarn tail through remaining sts; draw up firmly; fasten securely. 2nd Point: Place next 36 sts onto a dpn; leave remaining sts on the circular needle and work same as for First Point. 3rd Point: Place last 36 sts onto a dpn and work same as for First Point.
FINISHING: Weave in ends. With sewing needle and thread, sew a bell to each tip. Turn up half of ribbing for cuff.
Visit Red Heart Yarn for more ideas and inspiration.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Three Finger Snowman Ornament
- Waterless Snow Globe Craft
- Mini Felt Christmas Stockings Tutorial
- Coloring Page DIY Tabletop Christmas Tree
- DIY Wire Spider Web
- Old Denim Jeans Nautical Wreath
- Christmas Button Ornament Art
- Love Sign Made with Plaster Casting
- Double Welt Pocket with Flap
- Serenity Active Yarn