Striped Baby Blankie and Playful Puppy Pal
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Who knew one free knitting pattern could produce two adorable projects. Make a Striped Baby Blankie and a Playful Puppy Pal from Red Heart Yarns for a baby shower - it's a fantastic gift that little ones will love.
- RED HEART Buttercup 1.76 oz (50 g),
- 72 yd (66 m) balls: Blankie: 2 balls 4276 Light Blue Multi A, 1 ball each 4270 White B and 4272 White Coral Multi C; Puppy Pal: 1 ball each 4276 Light Blue Multi A, and 4272 White Coral Multi B
- Knitting needles, 6mm [US 10]
- Polyester fiberfill for puppy stuffing
- Small amount of blue yarn for puppy face embroidery
- Yarn needle
- With A, cast on 45 sts.
- Work in Garter st (k every row) and repeat Stripe Sequence as follows: 4 rows with A, 4 rows with B, 4 rows with A, 4 rows with C. Repeat Stripe Sequence in Garter st until piece measures 18 from beginning. Bind off.
- Weave in yarn ends.
Legs (Make 4)
- With A, cast on 5 sts.
- Work 10 rows in Garter st (k every row). Bind off leaving a long tail.
Body Side (Make 2)
- With A, cast on 20 sts.
- Work in Garter st for 7. Bind off leaving a long tail.
Ears (Make 2)
- With B, cast on 3 sts.
- Row 1: Knit.
- Row 2: K1, m1, k to last 2 sts, m1, k1–5 sts.
- Repeat Rows 1 and 2 twice more–9 sts.
- Work 9 rows even in Garter st. Bind off.
- With A, cast on 10 sts.
- Work 3 rows in Garter st. Bind off.
- With wrong sids facing, sew body sides together along 3 sides. Turn piece inside out and stuff. Sew remaining side closed. Referring to photo, attach pieces as follows: Pin 1 leg to each front and back side edge of body, sew in place.
- Center ears on each front side edge of body, sew in place.
- Sew tail in place. Embroider eyes, mouth and nose on face. Weave in yarn ends.
- Blankie measures 18” x 18”.
- Puppy measures 7” x 7”.
- GAUGE: 10 sts = 4; 16 rows = 4 in Garter st.
- CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
- M1 (make one stitch) = Lift running thread before next stitch onto left needle and knit into the back loop.
- Note: When working stripe sequence for Blankie pattern, carry yarns not in use up side of work.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Blue Knit Baby Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
- 19 Free Baby Afghan Patterns For Knitters
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home