Cuddly Hooded Baby Blanket
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Knit this adorable cuddly hooded baby blanket from Red Heart for that new baby to arrive. Free knitting patterns are fun to make when you're making them for someone small. This is an easy pattern you will enjoy.
You can find this beginner knit pattern, along with several other easy knitting patterns, in our free eBook, Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns.
Blanket measures 28” x 28”.
- RED HEART® Ã¢â¬â¢"Buttercup™" 1.76 oz (50 g), 72 yd (66 m) balls: 5 balls 4276 Lt. Blue Multi.
- Knitting needles 9mm [US 13].
- Yarn needle
GAUGE: 10 sts = 4"; 14 rows = 4Ã¢â¬â in Garter st. CHECK YOUR GAUGE. Use any size needles to obtain the gauge.
Cast on 70 sts. Work in Garter st (k every row) until piece measures 28Ã¢â¬â from beginning, end by working a wrong side row. Bind off.
Cast on 3 sts.
Row 1: K1, k into front and back of next st, k1–4 sts.
Rows 2, 4, 6, and 8: Knit.
Row 3: K1, k into front and back of next 2 sts, k1–6 sts.
Row 5: K1, k into front and back of next st, k2, k into front and back of next st, k1–8 sts.
Row 7: K1, k into front and back of next st, knit to last two sts, k into front and back of next st, k1–10 sts.
Repeat Rows 7 and 8, 15 times–40 sts.
Bind off purlwise.
Whipstitch hood in place to corner of blanket.
Weave in yarn ends.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- Lacy Sweet Hearts Baby Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- Modern Lovey Baby Afghan
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Lacy Stitch Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Lettering and Doodling on a Pumpkin
- Floral Painted Pumpkin
- Crochet Cross Hatch Stitch Cowl
- DIY Polymer Clay Tea Light Candle Holder
- FREE Sewing Pattern: Halloween Witch Hat
- Skillet Handle Potholder
- 47 Christmas Knitting Patterns
- Crafts for Charity: 10 Ways to Give Back
- How to Make an Origami Crane Video
- Easy Origami Jumping Frog
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home