We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
This is a simple baby's blanket from Patons with a textured diamond edge. For all skill levels.
- Patons Astra (50 g/1.75 oz)
- Main color (MC) (Blue) 9 balls
- Contrast A (White) 1 ball
- Knitting Needles: size 4.5 mm (U.S. 7)
- Circular Knitting Needle: 4.5 mm (U.S. 7) 90 cm long or size needed to obtain tension.
Approx 37 x 43 ins [94 x 109 cm]
21 sts and 32 rows = 4 ins [10 cm] in pat.
With MC, cast on 176 sts. Do not join. Working back and forth across needle, proceed as follows:
Work Chart I to end of chart as given for size 12-18 mos of Pants reading RS rows from right to left and WS rows from left to right, noting the 20 st rep will be worked 8 times.
Rows 1 to 20 of Chart form pat.
Cont in pat until Blanket from beg measures approx 39 ins [99 cm], ending on a 10th row of chart pat. Cast off.
Note: When working Edging, use separate balls of yarn for each area of color. Start new colors at appropriate points. To change colors, twist the two colors around each other where they meet, on wrong side, to avoid a hole.
Edging: With MC, cast on 2 sts. With A, cast on 2 sts.
1st row: (Right side). With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K2. 5 sts.
2nd and alt rows: Knit, changing colors at appropriate point.
3rd row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K3. 6 sts.
5th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K4. 7 sts.
7th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K5. 8 sts.
9th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K6. 9 sts.
11th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K7. 10 sts.
13th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K8. 11 sts.
15th row: With A, K2. yfwd. K9. 12 sts.
16th row: With A, cast off 9 sts purlways. Knit to end of row. 3 sts.
17th row: With A, K2. With MC, yfwd. K1. 4 sts.
18th row: With MC, K2. With A, K2.
Rep last 18 rows until edging fits around entire Blanket allowing sufficient length to gather at each corner, beg at centre of one side edge, sewing in place as you work. Cast off. Sew ends of edging tog.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Everyone loves super easy crochet afghan patterns, and this Foolproof Afghan really fits the bill. This one skein pattern is warm,… Continue reading: "Foolproof Afghan Patternvideocam"
- 45 Quick and Easy Free Knitting Patterns and Beginner Help
- Extra Chunky Gratitude Blanket
- 33 Free Knit Afghan Patterns
- Lacy Violet Baby Blanket
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns eBook
- Knitting Pattern Central: 614 Cool Knitting Patterns
- Knit Ripple Blanket
- 17 Free Modern Baby Knitting Patterns
- 19 Free Baby Blanket Knitting Patterns
- Radiating Squares Baby Blanket
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Reveal The Letter Colour Pages
- Cookies In A Jar Mason Jar Gifts
- Sleepy Time Molly
- Easy Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Christmas 2020 Crochet Ornament
- Charismatic Pillow
- Kelsey Stocking
- C2c Tiny Fall Leaf Cup Afghan Square
- Exfoliating Orange Slice Soap
- Lottery Ticket Christmas Napkin Holders
- 11 Crochet Shawl Patterns: Crochet Poncho Patterns, Free Easy Crochet Patterns and More
- 12 Knitted Scarf Patterns: Fabulous Free Knitting Patterns for Beginners
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 16 Free Crochet Hat Patterns, Scarves, and Gloves
- 22 Free Crochet Patterns: Afghan Patterns, Crochet Hats, and More
- 24 Quick and Easy Knitting Patterns
- 7 Adult Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Easy Lace Knitting Patterns
- Quick & Easy Decoupage: 12 Fabulous Mod Podge Projects for Your Home