Homespun Country Cousins Knit Baby Blanket
Cuddle up and keep warm with this homemade blanket from Lion Brand Yarn that makes for a great gift -- an easy beginners knitting project. This is a free knit baby blanket pattern for beginners that will keep baby cozy and warm. If you love the look and feel of Homespun Yarn, give this easy baby afghan a try. Select two of your favorite colorways to knit this pretty pattern. The checkered design paired with whip stitching in a contrasting color gives this easy baby blanket pattern a rustic feel. You could even knit more squares and turn this into a knit afghan for adults! If you're a beginner to knitting, this is the best easy project you could make.
- Lion Brand Homespun (Art. #790)
- #329 Waterfall 2 skeins (A)
- #321 Williamsburg 2 skeins (B)
- #369 Florida Keys Green 1 skein (C) or colors of your choice
- Lion Brand knitting needles size 10 6 mm
- Lion Brand large-eyed blunt needle
Gauge: 13 stitches 26 rows = 4" 10 cm in Garter stitch (knit every row).
Square measures 10" x 10". 25.5 x 25.5 cm.
- Cast on 32 stitches.
- Work in Garter stitch (knit every row) for 62 rows (31 ridges).
- Bind off.
- Make five Squares with A and four Squares with B.
- Arrange Squares in 3 rows of 3 Squares each, alternating colors (A Squares at corners and center) and direction of Garter stitch.
- Using C and large-eye blunt needle, whipstitch Squares together.
- Whipstitch around the outside edges.
- Weave in ends.
Read NextCheckered Knit Blanket