Decoupaged Canister Set
These canisters were purchased at the thrift store for $3 and given a new life by decoupaging them with fabulous paper. Spray paint completes the trash into treasure redo.
- Wooden canisters
- Mod Podge Matte
- Scrapbook paper, 3 to 4 sheets – I used the Basic Grey Ambrosia Collection
- Orange spray paint
- Ceramic knobs, 3
- Gray ink pad
- Cosmetic wedge
- Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer – Gloss (optional)
- Remove any original embellishments from canisters. Sand smooth.
- Trace your containers onto the backs of the scrapbook paper and cut out. Set these pieces aside.
- Spray the top of each canister with orange spray paint.
- Use scrapbook paper to cover the entire base of each canister, adhering with Mod Podge while smoothing out any air bubbles with your hands. Allow to dry.
- Use sandpaper to sand off excess paper until smooth; sand downward in one direction to prevent the paper from lifting or tearing.
- Use the cosmetic wedge and dab onto the gray ink pad, then distress the edges of each canister until desired look is achieved.
- Apply two coats of Mod Podge to each canister. When applying the coats, go in one direction then the other and let dry 15 – 20 minutes between coats. Allow to dry between coats.
- Attach knobs to each canister lid with epoxy.
- If desired, seal canisters with Mod Podge Clear Acrylic Sealer.
Find this and 11 other great decoupage crafts in our FREE "Quick and Easy Decoupage" eBook.