Mark your spot in your favorite book with this elegant and feminine Ribbon Bookmark. Made with a simple velvet ribbon and some charms, this bookmark makes a great gift idea and is a quick and easy project for a lazy weekend. You could even make a whole set of bookmarks for a bookworm that you love. These are great for Mother's Day, birthdays, or just a little something special for a loved one.
- Ribbon - I used 5/8 inch wide velvet (You can use any width of ribbon - just make sure to choose a ribbon crimp size that will fit)
- Two ribbon crimp ends - size to match ribbon (13mm size for the 5/8 inch ribbon)
- Charms and beads to use as dangles
- Chain nose or flat nose pliers
Cut your ribbon to the desired length. I wanted a 12 inch bookmark, so I cut the ribbon a little over 12 inches to leave enough room for folding the ends over.
Fold one end of the ribbon over about 1/4 inch. Then place the ribbon crimp over the folded edge.
Place ribbon crimp over folded edge of ribbon.
Pinch the ribbon crimp closed using your flat or chain nose pliers, making sure to keep the ribbon edge well inside the crimp.
Finished ribbon end with crimp.
Add your charms or beaded dangles using jump rings and chain or flat nose pliers. Use two pairs of pliers to open your jump ring, then slide it through the charm and the loop on the ribbon crimp. Close the jump ring again using your chain nose pliers to gently squeeze the ring closed. Attach a charm to the loop on the crimp.
- Now finish the other end of your ribbon. You can either fold the edges over and stitch it like a hem or you can add another ribbon crimp and attach beads or charms. For my ribbon I used another crimp and attached wire-wrapped beaded dangles that I made using beads and headpins.