Bistro Window Sign
Turn your kitchen into a chic French bistro with this cute block sign. The materials are inexpensive and the project is quick and easy.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO8 - Yellow Ochre
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA164 - Light Buttermilk
- DA169 - Tomato Red
Americana Multi-Purpose Sealer
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- 6 and 12 flat brushes
- Liner brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Low temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Polka dot grosgrain ribbon
- Red chenille stem
- Dylite cubes
- Styrofoam sheet (31/2" x 12")
- 1/8" dowels
Preparation (Optional): Basecoat Dylite cubes and Styrofoam base with Multi-Purpose Sealer or mix Multi-Purpose Sealer with basecoat colors.
1. Paint as follows: cubes, Tomato Red; dowels and Styrofoam base, Yellow Ochre. Let dry.
2. Use 6 flat brush and Lamp Black to paint small checks around front of cubes.
3. Use 12 flat brush and Lamp Black to paint large checks around Styrofoam base. Let dry.
4. Use liner brush and Light Buttermilk to paint letters on each cube. NOTE: letters can be stenciled or copied from computer font if desired.
5. Cut dowels at various heights. Insert dowels into cube bottoms. Position and push other dowel end into Styrofoam.
6. Cut 3 ribbon pieces 7" long with angled ends. Gather center of each ribbon piece and secure with a small piece of chenille stem. Adhere ribbon under "B" cube. Repeat with "s" and "r" cubes.
7. Cut piece of ribbon to fit across Styrofoam base. Position and secure with glue.