Sunburst Tie Dye Bag
Watch out, this laundry bag is dangerously cool! Create fun sunburst patterns using tie-dye techniques from I Love to Create. It's easy and fun to make and the kids will have more fun doing their laundry.
- Tulip® One-Step Fashion Dye™
- Tulip® Spirit™ Iron-on Transfers™ Number & Letter Packs
- 24275 Multi-Pack Letters White
- Plastic tablecloth
- Garbage bag
- Cotton Laundry Bag
- Prewash bag to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener or dryer sheets.
- Cover work surface with tablecloth. Lay bag onto work surface.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to One-Step Fashion Dye bottles. Replace caps tightly. Shake until dye is dissolved.
- Lay fabric flat. Decide where swirl will be. Pinch fabric at this point.
- Twist fabric around into a flat spiral.
- Bind with 3 rubber bands, creating 6 wedge shapes.
- Apply dye onto wedges, using each color.
- Cover with garbage bag. Let set 4-6 hours. Wash in a large load of water with a small amount of laundry soap. Line dry.
- Arrange Iron-On Transfer letters to spell message on front of bag. Iron letters to adhere, following instructions on package. Let cool. Remove paper.
- Wait 72 hours to wash. Machine wash warm on gentle cycle. Do not use harsh detergents or bleach. Remove promptly and line dry.
Read NextRadio Flyer Book Wagon
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.