Easy Painted Kids Table
Make a little table for your children to sit at with this Easy Painted Kids Table. This DIY home decor tutorial will tell you how to stencil a cool chevron pattern onto a small table for your kids to eat at, play at, or do their own craft projects on. With this DIY home decoration, you can have a stylish table for your kids that matches the theme of other DIY home decorating projects you've done or can do later. Easy painting ideas like this aren't always so chic as this one, so take advantage of it.
For more great home decor craft projects from Stencil Ease®, check out 13 DIY Home Decor Ideas.
- Stencil Ease® Chevron Wall Painting Stencil
- Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray
- Ikea® KRITTER Children’s Table, Red
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint, White Wash
- DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Sealer Finisher, Matte
- Shurtape Technologies LLC Frog Tape®
- Stencil Ease® 5/8” Stencil Brush, White Bristle
- Paper Towels
- Paper or Plastic Plate
- Tape off the outer edge of the top of the Ikea® KRITTER Children’s Table using the Frog Tape®.
- Very lightly spray the top of the table with DecoArt® Americana® Matte Acrylic Sealer Finisher and let it dry (only for about 10 minutes).
- Spray the back of the Stencil Ease® Chevron Wall Painting Stencil very lightly with the Stencil Ease® Repositionable Adhesive Spray and let the adhesive dry.
- Apply the stencil to the surface of the table.
- Adhere Frog Tape® to the table under each triangle registration mark and mark them.
- Pour some of the DecoArt® Americana® White Wash Acrylic Paint onto the plate.
- Load your Stencil Ease® 5/8” White Bristle Stencil Brush with White Wash DecoArt® Americana® Acrylic Paint and then swirl the brush onto your paper towel until it seems like all of the paint is removed. This creates a dry brush and leaves the perfect amount of paint on your bristles. Using a dry brush prevents paint from seeping under the cut-outs of the stencil. This part of the process is essential if you would like clean/ crisp lines when you lift your stencil.
- Either stipple (lightly tapping over the stencil cut-outs) or swirl the paint onto the table.
- You can immediately remove the stencil and line up the registration marks for your next repeat, either vertically or horizontally. The instructions on how to use the registration mark system are included with your stencil.
Read NextPaper Butterfly Mobile